1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot Trap for 1st time in 10+ years

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsun, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

I haven't shot a shotgun (other than 5 shots missed in a pot shoot 2 weeks ago) in 12+ years. Went out to Escondido Fish and Game and wanted to try it out again. Great people great targets, I shot a 13 of 25 and was really happy I could still hit a target. I may be in trouble though as I had alot of fun, the hook is in my cheek....

Shane

2. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Hey Shane, hope you keep coming back. I'm a member at the club, and shoot with the Tuesday morning crowd, which is excellent. Hope to see you soon. Edwin

P.S. Are you Shane Jones?

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I dunno there Shane, You've been posting for over 9 months on here and did not shoot until 2 weeks ago then again this weekend??? I'd say cut the line and run Forest run you can get the hook out later. If you stay you'll pour lots of lead right down a shotgun barrel. LOL. You just might have lots of fun doing it though. Choose your next step very carefully grasshopper. Break-em all. Jeff

4. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

We got one on the line ................reel him in quick before he gets away LOL

D.P.Reynolds

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Just like riding a bike. Can't say I was ever away nearly that long but, just get your rythm. Good luck, good shooting.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Shane, don't fight the hook will only imbedd it self deeper. Join the hooked and have fun

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Welcome back. I'm jealous of all the money you saved, LOL.

-Gary

8. miner1

miner1 Member

Same here.....have started up about five times since late 80's but can't quite get there since clubs are a far distance or it is zero degrees about half the time. I live for the sport, but get frustrated with the above mentioned hurdles. Also, when I do try to get back into it, I walk into a club house and they look at me like I have two heads. Maybe its just me, but I can't get anyone to say welcome, or even speak when I go to a trap club. I don't expect anyone to run up and fall on their knees, but a simple 'hi can we help you' would be nice, and I think member retention numbers would go up also.

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Miner:

I have posted about the experience you describe many, many times. So many trap clubs are dominated by angry, jealous old guys (for whom I coined the term "Club Geezers"). Being ignored is about the best you can hope for from those guys. More often, they try to run new or unfamiliar shooters off by intimidating them or cooking up phony crap about "safety issues." I'm no spring chicken myself, and most of my close friends are even older, but we don't put up with that crap. When we see a CG hassling someone new we launch into action and make sure the perpetrator gets a taste of his own medicine.

Sporting Clays clubs have capitalized on this abuse and most go out of their way to be friendly and welcome patrons who were treated poorly at trap clubs. It's a damn shame. We've lost so many. Find a friendly trap club and you'll be treated well and make some of the best friends you'll ever have.

-Gary

10. miner1

miner1 Member

GW22--I have read your posts and have seen you get some grief from other posters. We all have to be careful not to stereotype, as I'm sure not all clubs are the same. I have not noticed age, or a typical behavior, but just the total lack of people and professional skills. I guess I will have to get thicker skin to survive in this game.

11. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Shane, welcome back, beware the pot shooters though, they love to take your money:) Shane Terry perhaps?

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.