1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot today in a blizzard. Anchorage, Ak

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jeff P, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Had our pre super bowl shoot today...a yearly tradition.

Weather was mid 20s - it really wasn't too cold. Overcast, and windy. Started snowing sideways during the singles.

Andy Blore held on for a 99, winning easily.

In the Handicap, it was REALLY bad...ice on the rib so bad you couldn't see the beads. Anyone back farther than 24 really struggled with visibility. Just seeing the damn things was tough.

Reid Beveridge - coincidentally the Alaska State SKEET Assocation President (and he's AAA in just about everything skeet related) won with a 91 from the 20 yard line for his first punch.

We had nearly 4 full squads and shot 3,600 targets.

Jeff Pokorny
    Alaska President

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I'd like to see some pictures if anybody has some.

3. Ted

Ted TS Member

Hey Jeff - It was 70 degrees in AZ today. How did Myles and Heather handle your wonderful weather? Ted

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff, it was 25 and sunny in Mass, today, almost NO snow on the ground here!!

5. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I was looking for the revernd on Caddyshack, thinking it wasn't going to get bad for a couple of hours.

6. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Ted...it was miserable up here. Not cold...just a biting wind that had the snow going sideways. And it had the targets diving and jumping. Andy shot terrific.

Myles was in the low 90s with a bunch of us on singles. Heather shot a 56, if I recall - pretty dang good for her second (?) registered shoot. It was tough.

Of course, about 30 minutes after we finished...the squall passed through and though it was still breezy, you could have at least seen the targets.

No pictures were taken, and most of the long yardage guys have agreed to never discuss the event or the scores again.

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Ted...it was miserable up here. Not cold...just a biting wind that had the snow going sideways. And it had the targets diving and jumping. Andy shot terrific.

Myles was in the low 90s with a bunch of us on singles. Heather shot a 56, if I recall - pretty dang good for her second (?) registered shoot. It was tough.

Of course, about 30 minutes after we finished...the squall passed through and though it was still breezy, you could have at least seen the targets.

No pictures were taken, and most of the long yardage guys have agreed to never discuss the event or the scores again.

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

Did Yukon shoot? How did you do?

9. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

In Alaska the snow storms just don't seem to get national attention its just Saturday.

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Richard...

That's a tempting offer....I'm looking to make the Missouri state shoot in May for my big trip out this year. I'll probably melt in Mo in May.

11. THALL

THALL Member

Hello Jeff: Shot up in Northern Alabama yesterday. I do not see how you guys shoot up there. It was probably just above freezing, very light breeze, very overcast & my little fat trigger finger was freezing. Probably will not shoot another registered target until after April 15. Take care. Tim Hall

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

next time we do something this stupid, I'm gonna be sure and burn 100 pictures....so that you guys can see what we shoot in.

I had ice/snow on my rib built up so hard I couldn't see the front bead a couple times.

13. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Fellows we have GLOBAL WARMING none of this happened, it was a myth.

Ask Gore and Obama

It's 95 degrees hand sunny here in Ohio HeHe

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Alaska, next time invite a bunch of Dem. for some speechs,,,that would warm it up a lot, with all there HOT AIR and Polosi (BS), and they could exlain Global Warming to all you up there. Just my story, and I'm stickin' to it.
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.