1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot the rib off of my Super X-1!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

While shooting Skeet Doubles at 3/4/5 last night with my Super X-1 I noticed my gun looked like a step bibbed barrel when I got it mounted. I found the rib had gone up the barrel about 1 1/2". The screw didn't shear off like they usually do, the front rib post walked off the barrel.

A call to Wright's this morning made things right again. The barrel is in the mail now. The guys there went out of their way to get me going again. A big thank you to Wright's.

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Nothing that a little weld, reblue, and a few sheckles can't fix. They're still worth it. :) Good luck with it.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Bob, you are telling your age by calling it Sheckles LOL Have not heard that term in years

4. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

Mine should be at Wright's on Monday. The one I bought should be here Monday or Tuesday. I guess I will have to buy another Super X now that I will have an extra barrel.

5. wm rike

wm rike Member

I once had the rib come off a two-pin Model 12. When the gun went off, I heard a twang like the clip coming out of a Garand and thought, "What the ..?" I looked up out of the corner of my eye and saw my rib in mid-air. I stuck out my left hand and caught it before it hit the ground. That was when I was young and not easily distracted from the task at hand - I never lifted my head off the stock!

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Darn, sounded like a great excuse to buy another gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.