1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot The Games today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You are now an official game lover. There are many of us.

2. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YES!!!

Da Games...there's is nothing better!!!

And pray tell dear newbie...which club did you grace with your presence???

ps: if you don't tell...I WILL!!!

Smok'n Joe

3. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I also shot games today. shot 2 rounds of annies and 2 rounds of protection. Fun Fun Fun

4. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

come on Mikey...fess up...we're waiting on ya

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

What is the games shooting culture like back there? Does everyone chat up and down the line and joke and bulls*** until it's time to shoot, turn on the focus until the game has moved past them and then back to laughing and joking?

6. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

Yes We do a LOT of BSing on the line .All is done in good nature . We'll go out of the way to help any newbies that want to jump in and join the fun . Sundays are perfect for that But come Wednesday night you better have your A GAME. Maywood is not known for any bad shooters young or old ... Chuck

7. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

By the way Doda >>> If We catch you useing #5's We'll ask you to leave . We only use 7 1/2 .... Chuck

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Maywood Sportsman Club is just the BEST...

You can shoot Annies just about anywhere but nowhere will you find
    a better bunch of guys to shoot with. The facility is terrific and Trapper
    John & company do a great job running the show. More importantly...it's the
    people at the club that make it what it is...they're REAL PEOPLE...friendly,
    accomodating and always looking out for one another. It is a CLUB in the truest sense of the word!

Smok'n Joe

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I shot the games at Maywood for a few years them boys is tough, Roland R. makes it look easy with that 870 he shoots and has shot for over 100 years (or close anyway) ... Weds nights used to have shooters spread past the end of the pavement on the 30 yard mark, and then there was 5 for I forget how much from the door ... Love it and miss it, those were the days ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Bob Mason

Bob Mason TS Member

Question for the Maywood shooter's.I used to be a member 15 years ago and am just getting back to shooting.I have just recently started shooting games and am looking for another club to shoot at but don't i need to be sponsered by a member to get back in at Maywood?

Thanks in advance
    Bob Mason

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Where is this club?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Elmhurst, Illinois is where the Maywood Sportmans Club is located ... WPT ... (YAC) ... (Formerly a member) ...

13. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I really enjoy the games at my club on Friday nights. We shoot 3 gun annies, 4 gun annies, all gun annies, reverse order annies and pick a friend annies oh and my favorite right or left angle annies and off hand annies (shoot oposite of your dominant) from the opposite trap. We shoot 2 and 3 man backers, chip shoots, 5 from the porch, 1 gun to the right where everyone lines up and hands there gun to the person on their right, each shot you trade again and if done right you should not ever get to shoot your own gun misses are out and the gun that missed is out to.

I have never heard of a game called protection, how does that one go?

14. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

Protection shoots ane usally 2 man teams. You call for the bird and if you miss your buddy backs you up. Next time your buddy calls and you back him up if he misses. you do all 5 stations like this, 10 birds. I have played this with 3 man teams so you get 15 birds. Some places call them buddy shoots.

15. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

oh yeah same exact thing as we do, we just call it a "backer" and shoot 2 or 3 man teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.