1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot string test !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by prince_of_darkness, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prince_of_darkness

prince_of_darkness TS Member

ok i cant remember exactly where or when i seen this test, but from what i remember, i think, some brand name shell producers had a trailor rigged with paper on the side of it and it was pulled by a pickup,, past the shooter that was shooting the gun. dont remember at what speed the trailor was being towed or at what distance the trailor was from the shooter.

now here is how i plan on conducting my own shot string test, my neighbor down the road has a new barn errected that is 150 foot long and sits exactly 37 yards from the center of the county road.

now i figure that one late nite, ill drive by my neighbors barn, which ive never liked, at the speed of say 65 mph. and unload 3 shots at the barn.

first shell will be 7/8th of 8's loaded to 1300 ft per second. next load will be 1 ounce of 8's at the speed of 1250 ft per seconds and the last shell will be 1 and 1/8ths of 8's at 1200 feet per seconds.

then the next day when i drive into town for breakfast and i see my neighbor as whom ive never cared for, is out serveying the test site, ill stop by , being the friendly neighbor as which i am, and recover the test data.

then i will relay it back here to you all for your critique.

2. tomk2

tomk2 Member

Please include the police analysis with your results.

3. prince_of_darkness

no problem tomk2 but i can allready tell you this, the police here are incompatent, their findings wont be much use here.

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well of course they are incompetent. They're OKIE's!

Problem is going to be getting good measurements on the side of his barn after you've taken the shots. You might have to wait until a few days have passed and he's at church or something.

You'll also have to take shots at his barn while standing still, for comparison.

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

"barn errected that is 150 foot long ... ill drive by my neighbors barn, which ive never liked, at the speed of say 65 mph. and unload 3 shots at the barn."

If you've never like your neighbors barn, I'd be shooting at it with more than trap loads....how about an RPG?

By the way, you'd better be quick on the trigger; you'll have less than 1.5 seconds to get off three aimed shots, considering that the first will be about three feet inside the first corner of the barn and the last will have to be about 10 feet inside the last corner.

6. prince_of_darkness

now timb88 im conducting this here test. ill conduct it my way.

all i have to do now is figure up what ill be loaded on, its ither kettle one or goose.

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Princie Poo, Bout the only thin youl lern wit the test is iffen you can hit the broad side of a barn frum a movin veehickle. It aint gonna tell ya nuttin bout no shot strang.

Jimmy

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bob Brister shot a barn moving at 65 miles per hour. How'd he get the barn to move that fast???......nevermind.

9. prince_of_darkness

tex, im not shooten at a eagle on a pole here, im a shooten at a barn, big difference there tex.

10. m70win

m70win Member

If you use the new SX3 you can get about 9 shots on the barn.

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shot string testing