1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot some horrible targets today.......

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

First off I won't name the little club...no sense in calling them out on here. Ok, so I have shot plenty of targets that were thrown over a valley...but never have I shot at targets where the traphouse is at the bottom of the hill and the birds are thrown INTO the hillside. The birds appeared so flat it wasnt even funny. That could have been due to the prehistoric thrower that they had. The people that shoot there all the time said the targets were the right height..suuuuure. On top of all this, the program was the good ole 16 20 24 27 thing. I did fine for me until I got to the 24 and 27. I didnt expect to hit all those, but I didnt expect to hit less that 10 either. It was an overall crappy day of shooting....I would shoot again tomorrow if I wasnt going to Cincinatti for a job interview. Others might like a club like this....but I wont be going back.

Forrest

PS This wasnt a registered shoot so I guess I cant complain but now I feel better :)

2. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

So you shot like a dildoe and blame the club or the targets- what else is new? Did the winners not shoot the same targets as yourself? If so, why is it that they are winners and you aren't.

3. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

So, they're hiring assholes in Cincinatti? Interesting.

4. ksaul1

ksaul1 TS Member

Whats a Dildoe?

5. CRPCShooter

CRPCShooter TS Member

I'm new on this forum but I sure hope Little Dog knows famill00.

I shoot down in Spartanberg, SC every now and then and have commented that they throw the slowest birds around. I'm sure that that's not true but appearances make it seem so. The eye can trick us into many things that just aren’t so. I just try to see the bird, not the surroundings.

Now where is it that I’m never going to shoot?

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I'm not blaming the club for my poor shooting. I am blaming them for throwing bad targets.....and THAT is the reason I wont go back. They cant help the background I suppose...its just a little one trap club that probably doesnt throw alot of targets. Im not flaming them...thats why I didnt mention the name of the club or even where it was. Cherokee Kid you yourself are most likely the ahole....and by the way watch your language...kids read this. CRPC no I dont know that guy....at least not that I know of....and it doesnt make any difference to me if he wants to flame me...life goes on and you will find that this is a public forum and it happens. Yes the winners did shoot the same targets....but its interesting that the vast majority of good scores put up were by the ones that ALWAYS shoot there. Oh well, lesson learned. From now on I will go shoot practice at another club instead of shooting the 100 bird run there. I stronly dislike the 16 20 24 27 program anyways. That doesnt level the playing field like the 50 from the 16 and then shoot your average for the back 50 does. Its too bad the targets were terrible, as there were some nice people there. I will just shoot with the ones that I can meet up with at other clubs from now on. Maybe I will see some of the others around.

Forrest

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

It certainly did not take long for this thread to degenerate into simply name calling with at best, marginal descriptives.

Forrest- You may want to consider shooting more ATA events and fewer junk shots.

Pat Ireland

8. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Just a thought on targets-We are the consumer and we should always receive what we paid for,as such if a club throws poor targets then it SHOULD be made known so that the process will not continue.It is not much fun to shoot poorly because someone has no real idea of how to set targets correctly.This applies to all clubs--large and small especially in Florida.

9. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Shooting at horrible targets is better than being stuck in the eye with a sharp stick :p.

10. C H S

C H S TS Member

"Whats a Dildoe?"

It's a female Dil; don't you know nuthin'?

11. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

sounds like a club in TN................

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

"It's a female Dil; don't you know nuthin'?" Now that's funny. I needed the laugh....

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Dil, like the pickle????

14. MX3SBOY

MX3SBOY TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.