1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOT SHOW Request

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I understand Ithaca is bringing out a new SBT and there is an Bill Mains engraved one on display at the Shot Show. If anyone is there and could take a pic or 2, I'm pretty sure most would like seeing it.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Gene, you are too ///young to be up this late. AJ

3. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Gene, I was not there but I found these pictures on the web. Did say that it was a preproduction gun and final details on the stock were being worked out.

John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Not a bad looking SBT. What's the suggested retail price?

My shoulder started hurting when I saw that 37 on the gun rack.

Wayne

5. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I would love to see them out there in the market, but I think it could be a long time before we do.

I am basing this on production figures, the latest I have seen are 1,201 for 2010, per ATF;

http://www.atf.gov/statistics/download/afmer/2010-final-firearms-manufacturing-export-report.pdf

100 shotguns/month, probably M37's which are quicker and easier to mass produce. IMHO, it will be a challenge to gear up to make this one, or the Phoenix o/u we have been hearing about.

Perhaps they intend it to be like the earlier SBT's which were never made in large numbers compared to other guns; I would love to see them made at volume that would make them as common as BT-99's but will be pleasantly surprised if it happens.

6. Steve R

Steve R Member

I was told that they are building 11 of the Sousa Grades that are hand engraved by Bill Mains. The display gun's wood was just for the show. These guns I am told will have exibition grade. I was told that the price tag would be in the mid $30,000 range. They are also building a 3E grade which was also at the shot show.

By the way Ithaca is building a 1911 that has one of the best feeling triggers on a factory gun that I have felt. I would really like to shoot one.

7. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Can anybody tell what is engraved on the trigger guard? Is it what I think it is? AJ

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yeah, looks like Boobies to me.

9. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

That would be a gold inlaid Mermaid on the trigger guard...

Sportalluring

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Ah yes....the song of the Siren drawing in unsuspecting Trap shooters to their demise by purchasing a gun that they really can't afford. Nice touch.

Jb

11. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The "New gun" is the O/U.

It's going to retail around $3000. with Inv.Plus choke tubes in both barrels. If I saw this post earlier, I'd take some pictures.

12. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

30K? Let's see. That equals a Ljutic, a Kolar, and a Silver Seitz, with maybe a little left over for Sparta this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.