1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOT Show pic. Perazzi SR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I post factory short rib pictures last year, but this year I have the MX-2005 & MX-2008 SR together for you to compare, if anyone is interested.

[​IMG]

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What do you think about the short rib guns? I'd be interested in your take...........I don't see any advantage.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Barry,

I might not be the right person to answer this question, as I don't like, and don't see any advantage of high rib. For me this kind of distance from the bore axle makes me feel the gun is no longer the extension of my arm. I'm "on" the gun instead "in" the gun.

When I shot MX-2008 full rib and short rib next to each other, I see the reason why they came out with the SR, IMO, that's all you needed, the front portion of the tall rib, rest of the rib doesn't matter at all. The biggest advantage I saw was, this SR will keep your vision more on the target, you don't (can't) pay any unwanted attention to the back of the rib (back bead).

I'm not sure if this SR will work on flat rib, but that tall rack on top of muzzle is all I needed for something in this hight.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Mite take some time getting used to but I would think in time it would be fine. I am not so sure I like the looks of it but I am sure it would grow on me in time.

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

is Perazzi selling the short rib barrel as a stand alone item that can be purchased or is the short rib barrel available only on a complete gun order?

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

They worked on the Ljutic Spacegun; remember those Jaguar ads: "What's old is now new again."....or something like that? They are neat!

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I seen a number of Bunker shooters use those guns...I'd love to try one for doubles, just to see what they're like...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi
perazzi 12 mx2008
perazzi canada
perazzi mx
perazzi mx 2005

perazzi mx 2008

perazzi mx2008
perazzi shotgun mx2008 trap