1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOT Show 2010

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Steve W, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Although I had a good time with my friends from the show, did anyone notice the SHOT show seems smaller than '08 in Vegas?

Although the wine & cheese were nice at the Beretta booth, but they don't have those fancy catalogues for everybody any more . Almost every company is down sizing, even the Hooter girls are not as good looking as before.

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I've heard that SHOT show was less than stellar this year.

3. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I was at the SHOT Show and thought it was very well attended.
    The problem was they tried to stick 1800 exhibiters in a smaller
    venue than they normally use. The larger exhibition location
    was hosting a builders show.

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Another factor was that Safari Club International had their convention in Reno at the same time. Attending both shows was a real challenge for both the buyers and the sellers. Kind of bad planning

5. deadeye

deadeye TS Member

Sounds like you'all were just guests of some company and didn't belong there anyway.

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Well, SCI has a very different group of attendees, most of them will not be interested in the SHOT show (58,444 attendees).

They won't care what's the 4th generation Glock, or the feeding system of FN P90.

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The SHOT Show has to plan 4-5 years in advance to secure a site large enough for the show. Maybe even longer. I used to be on the planning committee for the Grain Elevator and Processors Society and we changed locations every expo. We had to book at least 6 years in advance.

8. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

This was my 32nd SHOT SHOW attending either as a factory Rep or an independent Manufacturer's Rep.

I did not look at the final attendence figures but I'm sure they will be good. The Show was very difficult to
    get a round. The Main floor had the larger factory booths like Browning, Remington , S&W, Taurus and it was"normal". All the Law Enforcement booths were spread out into the Grand Ballrooms of the Venetian Hotel and those areas were really busy. (Any Cop with a badge could get a Show Badge.)

There was an entire "basement" area of booths that was the real problem. Lots of great smaller manufacturers that don't have the points during booth selection to get on the main floor. Ailse signage was terrible and it was really tough to find a particular booth.

In some ways the show has gotten too big.My manufacturers seemed to be writing orders although down in the basement the traffic was off.

Bob Gibson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.