1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot screens

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 4andy10, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Guys I realize this has been beat to death but I cant find the shot screens that were posted here last week or so. Just need to sort out garbage from the shot I've got. Think it was in grainger but all i found was like 240 bucks. Any help would be appreciated
    thanks, keith

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

check your pm rick

3. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

Email Rick ragebhardt@msn.com. Just got my screens yesterday and a whole $20 for 4. Size 7. Work great. Has to be the best deal on here and as great guy to talk to.

4. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

I just ran my first 200 pounds thru a Better Shot Maker. Almost a waste of time to screen. A few doubles to screen out. I am going to put one of those screens on a 20 pound propane cylinder with the axis rod shoulder to shoulder. That shaking is a lot of work. A teaspoon of graphite and turn the crank until nothing comes out. I am just going to leave the 8s in with the 7s. kind of work, but fun to turn 40 cent lead into $1+ shot.

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

the milk crate thing is a great Idea maybe tight cut wood panaling would work too email is above I can send you a pic

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Not that I am biased or anything, but the rotaty screening method does work a lot better. FAster and no clogged screens. Slightly oversided pellets just fall back out as the drum rotates to the top. With a flat screen, once the hole is plugged, no more good pellets can fall through.

Jeff

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?ThreadID=218603

Sweet setup goldex. As soon as I can plan on getting a small mixer. for now its manual

8. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

gold
    what do you have in that $$$ and storage?? need power to run hard to keep clean much too much trouble time it took to build need I keep going
    mine is simple YOU know KISS

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I use size shot 7 1/2 so what size screen hole do I need?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.