1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?Shot Screen/sifter?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buster 25, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Can anyone tell me where I can find "Screen" or "Sifter" type screen to separate reclaim shot into groups of #8 size or #7.5, #9?
    Thanks

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Is it really worth it? I would just shoot 16 yd. practice targets with it. Good luck with it in your reloader. I tried it (reclaimed shot) for 10 minutes while reloading years ago, I gave it back to the guy who gave it to me. Wasn't gonna work out the way I wanted it to. Maybe there is some good looking stuff out there. If you can dump some on a table top and it doesn't all roll off I'm not interested. Flat side vs. spherical ?????????

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Mine is a basket, came out of a 5 gallon pail of B-K carb cleaner. You were supposed to put the small parts in the basket and soak them to get the gunk off.

The holes just happened to be .085", 8 1/2 & 9 go through and larger shot stays in the basket.

HM

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I think it's pretty cool that you make you own. I thought it my have been some dirty or half a$$ washed stuff that came out of a field. Do disrespect intended. The stuff I tried to reload for approximatly 10 minutes was a joke. Hats off to you for making your own. I must give credit where credit is due. Good shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.