1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot Prices?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grammie, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grammie

grammie TS Member

Another "price hike" is set to make things interesting very shortly!!!!!

The price of shells "is not" going to fall,,,,"The only things that change after an attack on the Holy Lands is the change that happens to the attacking country"!!!!! History "defends" that statement!!!! Things will never again be the way they were.....

AKA Grammie...........

2. incognito

incognito TS Member

I predict a reduction in shot and shell prices.............

right after the price of gas goes back under $1 per gallon.

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Hoosier Daddy:

You ask that because I referred to the middle east as the "holy lands"????

I had no "godly thoughts" or "religious" thoughts at all when I wrote it,,,it is simply the way I referred to the land mass known as the holy lands,,,as a point of referance......

AKA Grammie........

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The commodity price of lead has fallen substantially on the past couple of months. I can't imagine why shot prices haven't fallen unless dealers are working off inventory purchased at the higher prices.

5. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

OK I have my swawmy sam turbin hat on now...Here's my perdiction...Hold on now...Here it comes....One more minute....Price of lead to reach $21.43 a bag by June 17th...Now while I have it on,go ahead and ask questions now.eg.Is your sex life going to get better?.....Shoot away...Nuc

6. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

Here in Wisconsin shot at our major supplier (Recobs) has dropped to 35.99 a bag last time checked over the weeked (from a high of 40.99). I also noted that Gander Mountain had shot for 44.95 (down from more than 50.00) and that at the time, was also giving a 20% discount just about a week ago. Probably a short time sale. But all indications are that shot prices are falling, but what the bottom line will be is still a guess.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

Just because "lead shot" is dropping in price "does not" mean the price of shells will also drop!!!!

Shells "are not" a commodity "or" a natural resource!!!!!

Prices for all things are going to rise,,,,not fall!!!! From the cost of fuel and electricity to recover lead,,,and then make into shot,,,,to the wages paid to those that produce the shells and the risng cost of electricity and shipping!!!

Also keep in mind,,,a future "ban" on lead used in shotshells!!!!!! It does not matter what the price of shot goes too....when a change is made to steel shot or whatever,,,expect another huge increase in shell prices!!!!!

AKA Grammie...........

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I guess I agree with Grammie. Once Hillarious is President our use of lead will be over. (or at least a large federal excise tax on it and/or ammunition in general). That being said, one kind of wonders about the wisdom of fellow respondents on this thread; who expressed their views regarding new shells vs reloads. (I do know that until a "lead ban" goes into effect; I will save a lot of $$$ using my reloads. No longer will the "buy new" because there is no appreciable difference in cost; hold true. With $35 shot I can produce $4 shells or very close to it. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.