1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot prices verses current Lead prices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by maka, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maka

maka Member

As of today raw lead closed at $.73/metric ton. I was at Recob's today, there was a sign Lawrence Mag. $34.95/ bag. I asked sales person about this, I stated the last time I checked it was going down and at $.81/mlbs. Sale's person stated they are also wathching and said, "shot is not moving". I saw thread where someone was either buying or selling Lawrence shot for in the $30.00 range.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

our clubs supplier of the import shot is and has been 30.00+/bag for some time

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Less than 60 days ago, the price was around $1.05. Based on past trends, it should get down to .60 cents or less a lb. It takes some time for the change in price to work through the system. If the available lead stocks keep climbing, the price should keep going down. Shot prices will fall significantly and then the price of ammunition will fall as well. IMHO Bill Malcolm

4. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Roger Brenner is selling LB shot at the Cardinal Center's Buckeye classic this week for $29.50.

Doug Allison

5. Grevin

Grevin TS Member

I have been spending a fair amount of money every year buying components from Recob's at prices that seem a bit too robust relative to the market trend for lead as well as what vendors in other areas are charging. Can anyone advise the name of other suppliers that service the Greater Chicagoland area that might be more economical?

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you can afford to wait don't buy any for around a month. Significant price decrease is in the wind!!

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Price decrease sounds good to me as well. But I am thinking it will be at the end of summer to buy in large amounts. That is if the price stays at or below 60 cents a pounds for the summer. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.