1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot prices rise today

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oleolliedawg, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

One of PA's largest shot distributors raised shot prices today. Lawrence Mag.-$34.99 and Eagle Mag.-$29.99. Last week was $26.99 and $25.99. Higher prices on the horizon say them!!

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

oleollie, if you can use West Coast Magnum you can still get it from Jim at Richland Shooters Supply in Richland, PA. for $28.95 (about 20 min from Shyda's).

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

ZZT, that's a steal and far below Jim's replacement cost!!

4. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Everyone I have talked to or heard talk about the price of shot says they won't pay those kind of prices they can buy cheap factory loads cheaper, So my question is if nobody is buying does'nt prices have to fall because of demand?

5. smartass

smartass TS Member

The last time I heard factory loads use shot too so where's the decrease in demand.

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I just returned from the PITA Grand Pacific yesterday. While there, we bought a ton of 71/2's from Connies Components for $23.99 per bag and were darned happy to pay that price. The price, as of yesterday, was raised to $28.99 per bag. With China buying all the lead they can get for their car batteries, etc. the demand, and the price, will remain high. Until the mines in Russia, etc. re-open and start producing lead in large quantities, we will continue to see it go up. As I understand, Estates are not shipping anything into our area right now. They will wait until the shell prices increase to resume shipping. As I was told at the Grand, Estate sees no benefit to selling shells at $42.00 per flat when their nearest US competitor is at $62.00 plus per flat. I think you will see the difference in prices between US shells and foreign shells will start decreasing as this thing gets worse. I believe lead and shells will, eventually, level out and return to a more tolerable, and acceptable price, but, don't look for it in the very near future. We still have a lot of storm to weather before it blows over.....Just my opinion.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Hey Dan, it was a pleasure to shoot on your squad at the Grand Pacific. I shoulda bought some shot from Connies but I stopped at the White Elephant in Spokane on the way home and their new price was 35.99 per bag and I paid 25.00 per bag just 2 months ago at the same store.

8. leadvail

leadvail Member

Anyone know where its under 38.00 in colorado ?

Bob

9. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

Qt gander mountain here it at $45 for a bag of magnum shot. If you shop around the cheapest you can get it is $39.00 a bag.

10. Soot Them All

Soot Them All Active Member

Iowa state shoot Steve Crow was selling Eagle shot $34 and Remington magnum
    $36 a bag With no end to the price increase in sight. Also all shells were going up 15% in Oct, with another in Jan. so those cheap hulls are going to be gone real soon... SF.....

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Mike.....We enjoyed having you join our squad while you could. It's always nice to put a face on a fellow T/S.com contributer. I hope the rest of your shooting at the Grand was good. Tough targets, but, we were able to collect a few trophies, etc......Dan

12. johnpe

johnpe Member

About three weeks ago the cheapest shot I could find in Houston was about $30 a bag for Starshot. Last week it went to $46. Add 8 1/4% tax to both prices. My thought is that if you can get shot for less than $30, buy it.

13. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

It looks to me that it's just like the same scenario as gas prices. i.e. Just bend over and grab your ankles because we are being gouged. The folks who we buy it from are not to blame. Unless we simply say 'enough!' it won't end anytime soon.

The victims will be the clubs as shooting will surely drop if this keeps up.

Tim

14. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

15. leadvail

leadvail Member

I am buying all I can now @ $38 because 6 weeks ago I listened to a bunch of EXPERTS who said $31 was too much to pay and that it would come down !

16. C H S

C H S TS Member

<I>"Someone quick tell me about Eagle Magnum shot. Is it round and uniform in size? I can still buy some for $32."</I>

No, it's not uniform in size but it's close. It contains some obviously defective shot... cut shot, half shot, little bits of lead... but it breaks targets.

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.