1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot Prices Peaking?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 4th. down, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Wang from Yubei Gold & Lead believed the domestic lead cash price will soar to RMB 30,000 ($3,937) a tonne within the next two years.

"Booming downstream automobiles and electric bicycle production could mean a major boost in lead prices over the next two years. However, the cost of lead acid storage batteries is still a small part of the automobile and electric bicycle production cost, so higher lead prices might not slow down consumption from automobiles and electric bicycles," Wang said.

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/pebble.asp?relid=33340

Higher shooting cost ahead, cannot get around it. Some ranges will close as business falls off and others will have to raise range and membership fees to keep afloat, which in turn will drive more shooters out of our sport. I suppose deflation is now our ally.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. DKN

DKN TS Member

I do believe that shot prices are peaking and that they will continue to rise. I also know that it is not just the shot, but all bullets as well. As an example, please note that .35 caliber 200 grain pointed soft points were @ $14.99 per hundred 2 years ago, current avg price is $23.00. I am inclined to think that this is primarily due to international speculation in metals futures that is driving these increases. I watched it happen with tin, silver, and I think we all remember what happened to gold.

Devin K. Noffsinger
    DKN Gunsmithing & Custom Reloading
    Kirbyville, Mossouri

4. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

This site shows the daily price of lead;

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical.html

I think of it as the "read it and weep" site. :(