1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot Prices is dropping end of month

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

A large supplier told me not to buy much shot as he believes it will drop $10.00 per bag at the end of month or first of next.

He says that people have not been buying it and they have a large supply just sitting in shot makers whses. Lead prices are coming down also and this will dictate shot prices.

I hope so.

Time will tell.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Lemme guess... you heard this from one of the guys who got off that UFO that was buzzing Texas last week?

<center>[​IMG]</img></center>

Morgan

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

When some places are already charging $60+ a bag a $10 drop is price will still make the shot far to expensive compared to others.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The price is going up and down like a yo-yo. $1.16 a lb. today. HMB

5. conniejo

conniejo TS Member

Thanks Gary for the post. It's always good to hear something positive once in a while.
    I agree with Hoosier Daddy !

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

$1.16lb.x 25 equals $29 per bag with no antimony or increased shipping costs.

Don't sell the shotmakers yet!!

7. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Well If Bush gets the Saudis to start pumping more production oil to keep fuel down which I'm sure is going to happen or they won't be invited to supper for a while. The price should drop dramitically. They want things to slow down on alternative energy and that should do it for a while. The 6 new nuculear plants for this country is going to be put on the back burner for a while. Food is up high enough that the middle man is going to make out good on the produce for the next couple of years. The farmer is going to take it in the rear again so he better hang on. He is going to be caught between pay todays fuel prices and the high cost of of the good stuff he dumps on the ground to make the stuff grow and glow. Ya the cost of shot will be down and I mean way down for a while the speculators try to dump it off quick before he is the last one left holding the bag of 7.5's for 14.00$. Right now the government is worried about the housing market and the bailout. Is not going to be done with the high cost of fuel and food and low wages with what people is left working. Yep its going to be a good year. Will Bill

8. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I can't believe this, but heard that overseas toymakers were using the lead in PAINT for toys, now they cannot sell them in USA so lead is not needed anymore,so lead prices are coming down.

Shot is supposedly sitting in Whses as shooters are not paying the high price and are shooting the new cheap shells.

So by shooters not buying it, we have a surplus and prices are coming down.

I would hope to see $18.50 or lower shot prices. How could anyone use that much lead for use in PAINT.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Gary, when was the last time you saw something fall in price 25% or more and then remain that low for a long time? I like the sounds of your supplier's prediction, but I don't think it will happen. When Detroit gets the supply and demand ratio out of whack, they offer incentives while they be raising their prices. Most ammo companies are not used to taking BIG losses so they will prop up the prices as long as they can. Nobody wants to get caught with a lot of inventory if the prices are falling. Most prices jump UP overnight, but may take weeks to come DOWN a few pennies. This is evidenced by the gas prices. Most people let their tank run lower after they raised the price 10 cents per gallon in one night. They will wait until the prices drop 2-3 cents per gallon. Sometime they just cut back on their driving. Isn't that what is happening now in shooting sports? As pointed out by many different posters, diesel fuel will impact the price of shot more than most other costs. Freight costs are a big part of many businesses expenses. BTW, I hope it does drop, but have a hard time thinking it will fall that far or remain that low. That is kind of like asking a member of congress to quit wasting taxpayer's money. They may cut back for a while but NFL Not For Long! Omaha

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

30 Years ago Gold dropped from $1,000 an ounce to $300 in four months. Silver from $5o an ounce to $4.

12. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Gold at $1000 per ounce?????? I don't think so. Not yet, not ever in history. The link above will give you gold prices back into the 1700s. And the silver of that 30 year ago era was an attempt to manipulate the silver market by Bunky Hunt and his brother.

Nice try though.

Bob

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Shot may drop but it will never drop to the level it had been in the past ... aint ever going to happen. If we are lucky and I mean really very lucky we might see shot again at some time at less than $35 a bag but that would be dreaming.

In this day in time once prices are high a manufacture will never drop the price back to what they were ... its time for them to make the profits they wish they were making before.

Gary ... I would buy shot now and also shot next month just in case what you have been told is not truly accurate.

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I stand corrected, gold topped out at $850 in the eighties, It is currently $888 per. My point is that metals are subject to drastic change one way or the other and the bottom can drop faster than the climb. Any guess is pure speculation.

15. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Shot $29 a bag at Connie's as we speak. FD

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

I wonder though if Connies will ship that shot to the east coast for that price?

17. nipper

nipper TS Member

i still see 39.99 shipped

bill

18. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yep ... $39.99 a bag and thats the sale price on the website.

Ben ... where are you seeing $29.99 a bag?

19. nipper

nipper TS Member

on their flyer 29.99 is in store pickup price but more than 1 bag

bill

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Bill ... actually on there latest flyer listed on there website it shows the price as being $28.99 (80 bag u-lifty price) $30.99 (40 bag u-lifty price) and 31.99 (by the single bag u-lifty price). There shot page lists it as being $38.99 a bag delivered in 2 bag quantities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.