Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shot prices down

8K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Cray 
#1 ·
Well I see the wholesale prices are back to normal Graf is $21 for Lawrence. Has the retail come down too rick

#12 ·
The price of shot will now fall to all time lows, since I just bought a bunch yesterday. I paid a little too much, but it will get me (and the S.O.) into the summer. So far, we have seen some average prices drop $15. There is still a lot of the higher priced stuff in the pipeline. I was holding off on buying any, but when you almost run out of one shot size, you either use a different size or buy more. I chose the latter.

#13 ·
If this is true you be able to get it for a quarter.

"Deputy Attorney General Designate David Ogden is circulating a draft of an executive order in which, among other things, firearms possession would be severely limited to people over 60.
An assistant to Ogden told us, "It appears that in these changing times, it is no longer necessary to allow the elderly to be armed. With all of their physical ailments and increasing senility, to leave them in control of a deadly weapon would be ludicrous."
While the Executive Order may sound too powerful, experts in Constitutional law state that it is not actually un-Constitutional.
"It's a question of wording." states Columbia Law Professor , Dr. John Braxton. "The Constitution forbids the Congress, that is, the legislative branch , from passing any laws infringing on gun ownership. The executive branch is not included in this proviso. As long as the Congress doesn't get involved, it's technically a non-issue."
The Justice Department was tossing the idea of a gun ban for seniors during the Carter and Clinton Administration, but public opinion stopped these initiatives. Now, the Obama White House believes differently.
An unnamed aide close to Ogden agreed to talk on the condition of anonymity.
"Clinton and Carter didn't have as much of a mandate as President Obama. They were both Southerners, and the Second Amendment was sacrosanct to their constituents. However, President Obama comes from a new sort of politics, where divisive issues like firearms do not apply to him."
"Quite frankly, it's a shame that no one has had the good conscience to have done this already. It's a simple process, and the majority of the American people will understand it and follow the law."
The enforcement mechanism for this particular executive order has not been published. It is likely that the confiscation of weapons will be similar to Great Britain's handgun ban, in which citizens willingly gave the weapons to police.
It is expected that the executive order will be given around July 1, when senior-related gun deaths reach their peaks.
The aide to Ogden stated: "For eight years you see the rolling back of regulation, and crime has skyrocketed. In fact, in Massachusetts alone, murders have risen 50% since 2002. Armed robbery has also risen dramatically. With such circumstances, we must act boldly." "

#16 ·
I wouldn't wait too long! The more the government spends $ we don't have the more they DEVALUE the US Dollar. The lower Dollar will kill the present downward trend of commodites due to lack of demand/increased supply.

The more they spend, the more everything will start to go up again. Why do you think the Stock Market Tanked when the President signed that bill.

Just fyi - I think we're close to the bottom now! Buy at $20.00!

Naturally I could be wrong. Commodities could continue to drop for a short while longer. I doubt it though. Gasoline is already on it's way up again and everything else will follow. Will we have a new all time high for Gas this summer again?

Shoot well and often,
Tom

#18 ·
Things change lead is at $.48 a pound. Down from a high of about $1.87.

The thing that will change and keep everything higher is the rise in inflation rate that we have not encountered since the Carter and Clinton adimn..

This is almost a definite as the amount of money flooding the economy with no physical anything backing it up.

Rock

Jim

#22 ·
Lead was.45 cents a pound for a long ,long time and we paid uder 14 dollars a sack for good shot. With commodities, as well as demand down, I can't see any reason it won't get back to that area. They have to sell shot to stay in business and the demand is weaker then ever and will continue to weaken. My .02 Jeff

#25 ·
With wholesale prices as they are, Lead shot should be selling at around $15 a bag. Most retailers have a stock of high priced shot in stock that they need considerably more than the $15, so the price remains up around $23. Give it time and it will come down to where it should be. Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.