1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot & powder bottle ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

The bottles on my reloaders have become so dark, it is almost impossible to see the quantities inside. How do you get them clean or do you just trash them & get new ones---Phil

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

new ones is better you cant get the powder bottle clean i use the 20oz soda bottle it cheaper put the clear packing tape around the shot bottle and dont leave powder in bottle of a long time i know that the E3 will eat them up in about a week rick

3. WV Bob

WV Bob TS Member

MEC 6in bottle is $5.39 and the 12in bottle is $6.99 at Midway. Get the new bottles. They are strong and will hold the shot without breaking. If you have ever had to clean up shot, you don't want something that might break.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

My wife is standing me reading youe thread and says try baking soda. 1 tablespoon to 1/2 gal water, Pour it in and let it set. Mike

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

The dark coating is from graphite that is used to cover the powder. Graphite is carbon. Everything I know that will dissolve the graphite will also dissolve the bottle. Some of the graphite can be dislodged by shaking a bottle half full of warm water with soap and a little sand or other abrasive, but the results are not very satisfactory.

Pat Ireland

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Wash the bottle and make sure its dry, then try car paste wax. I also use paste wax on the inside of automobile convertible top plastic windows - it takes the fog and discoloration out of them also.

Jay

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Get new bottles. They get brittle with age as well. Break one and you'll understand. I toss them every couple of years or so.

8. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

a can of car wax cost more than new bottles .........buy new bottles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.