1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot pattern of Browning XT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tsosin, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Can't find an old thread on the general shot pattern for a Browning XT O/U. Mine looks to be about 60/40 but I haven't taken the time to do an actual count. Does antone know if Browning makes any representations on this point, or has anyone actually done the count?

2. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Mine shoots about 1 - 1.5" high at 40'. Browning does publish a specification, its in their owners manual I think, though I can't recall exactly where I read it. Their setup is about par with what everyone else is doing.

Hope this helps,

Mike

3. whos your daddy

whos your daddy TS Member

I called Browning a few weeks back and asked this very question.The told me both barrels were set up at 60/40

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center> The bottom pic was my XT with the comb adjusted for fig8 bead alignment. Shoots super flat. The top photo was raised comb 1.25 drop at comb gives me above picture. I would like a bit higher. The comb adjusted any higher i start to get cheek slap.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yes, I actually took the tape out to be sure. Thats my browning invp flush full. Shot was Estate 1oz 7.5 2.75dram. this round of shot test was for impact only. I now shoot a briely spectrum IM that has worked great for me to the 21 yards that is where I am now. At our club where the pattern board is 15yards is the closest you can get. Maybe I miss read the post I thought we where looking at where an XT general shoots. From a bench rest I placed the front bead over the small green dot with the fig8 alignment and the raised comb alignment. Pictures show the different results.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Yes it works well as adjusted. Im not sure of the cheek slap. I actually replaced my posts with higher taller ones. When i go higher than i have now, for what ever reason I get a noticable recoil to cheek area. maybe it is a question for rollin

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

non taken Ive since tossed that choke in the bottom of my safe, its now a early warning rust detector. I had a host of other pics when doing my set up. I just happened to get a pc and dig cam about the same time I found TS and new gun to pattern, but my wife likes to delete gun stuff.....

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center> I went to the hardware store and found nylon bushings that fit, plus the needed longer screws. Then found several other nylon bushings to fit over replaced post. These where of different thickness after finding right height find correct spacers. This prevents comb drop if it does come loose. Has not come loose yet.. This was a quick cheap fix that worked. Old post where torn up from previous owner. When the stock goes out this fall/winter to speedbump for bumpbuster or rad II I most likly will have Ken do what he feels right to comb hardware. This is not the adjust thru recoil pad type. I'm sure it would'nt be much different. I also replaced the springs in the forend with weaker ones so shell just lifts instead of eject. Something I like.

9. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

My Citori shot about 50/50 out of the box. Kinda makes you want to black em out. After lifting several hundred times and shooting over targets I raised the comb about 3/16. Now it is a solid 60/40. My mid sits at the bottom of the front bead, what it takes to float em. Scores went up a lot when I rearranged things. Don't pattern your shotgun and wonder why you can't improve. Good luck JLR

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

You could always buy some rubber tubing and cut it to whatever length you want.

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Looking at the parts sheet shouldnt take much to eliminate all that crap and replace posts. A real picture of your set up(i have not seen the new style with my own eyes) Might be able to give you some insights. Ken at speedbumpstockworks has replacement hardware.

12. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Funny how Browning does their guns. I had a XS Skeet that shot 90/10. Go figure. Trouble was it shot 6" to the left and when I sent it in to Browning they said that was within specs which Irfner has confirmed with his talks with Browning. Unfortunately when I got it back from Browning Service it came modified with a SEVERLY BENT RIB direct from Browning Service. Took about 6 months before they finally replaced it. I was so fed up I sold ALL MY Brownings.

13. BMC

BMC Member

When I purchased my XT it had a MC stock. Looking down the barrel all looked good..very small slight gap between the beads. One the pattern board I was shocked to see it shooting about 90/10 high with the top barrel just a little bit less. Shot about a half dozen on each barrel, and at close and further back ranges to verify it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning xt trap choke pattern

browning xt trap patterns