1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot pattern is way high ?????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dkeith, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkeith

dkeith TS Member

I have a browning a500 that Im using for turkey hunting. I bought a xfull turkey choke and patterned it at 40 yards and 90% of the shot is high I shot a couple shots with the same pattern 90/10 whats a easy fix? raised front bead?????

thanks Doug

2. bigk

bigk TS Member

sand the heel of the pad.

3. dkeith

dkeith TS Member

I havn't shot it at close range but thats a good idea. I did shoot it from a bench rest and lined the back of the rib with the front sight. I put the front sight on the bottom of the turkey head. the pattern I got was 6 pellets no lower that 2" below the turkeys eye. the rest of the 200 or 300 pellets were above the turkey target. I shot my beretta at the same 40 yard target and got a 50/50 pattern, every thing the same?

Doug

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have a Browning A500 and mine shoots a little high too but not that high. I would put on a tall fiber optic front bead that is designed for turkey hunting. I have done so much trapshooting with a high shooting gun that I am not able to shoot a gun with a 50/50 POI. My A500 has worked without a hitch since I bought it brand spankin new in 1988.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

You need to drop the POI about 15 inches. A front bead about 5/16 tall might do that. You will have to aim, of course, use that new bead like a rifle's. I don't know if you can do that turkey hunting; you will have to answer that, Doug.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.