1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot my first Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Well after spending around $5,000 over the last couple of years buying guns, factory shells, reloading equipment, reloading supplies, range fees and hours of time supporting my High School and Jr. High shooters, For my 48th birthday I finally went out and shot a round of 50 with my three Sons.

Prior to this outing, I had only shot a shotgun maybe 4-5 times in my life.

I'll have to admit, trap shooting is certainly more challenging than it looks.

Even though I did shoot a 35 out of 50, the score could have been a lot lower if not for a little luck. There's a lot to say for spending hours watching other shooters and picking up on some technique tips from that.

That being said, after we shot, I purchased a season range card. Just like some say the drug crack is like, after one hit I'm hooked.

I don't think I'm ready to go out and purchase a $10,000 trap gun, but I can certainly see another gun purchase in my future.

To all you trap shooters out there, my hats off to you and I now can truly see what the addiction is all about.

Blueraven

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Good job, a 35/50 isn't bad for a new shooter.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Shooting with your kids.... Priceless

Jerbear

4. BBMAX

BBMAX TS Member

Good morning Blueraven -

As you can tell, so many of us are totally "hooked" and love the sport of Trap. May I suggest that after spending money on appropriate equipment you might want to consider getting some Instruction which can give you a System within which to work and enjoy the sport for so many years to come. There are some darn good Instructors available and they can give you the basics. So many folks imitate others and have no idea what they are doing.

Ok, what do you accomplish?? (a) You shorten you "learning period" and thereby save a great deal of money, and (b) your enjoyment of shooting well is increased and opens a new world for you and your 3 sons. Many of my shooters bring their family for Instruction sessions and can enjoy the sport together for many years. Sincere wishes for a great year.

Bruce Maxwell

5. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

God help you it can be addicting. Enjoy!!

6. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Congratulations!

35/50 is pretty good, and bear in mind that 1/50 still beats whatever else you had planned for the day.

Nobody in this sport pores over your scores to judge you, although you never know if you'll hear some old boy behind you who decides to yell "quit stopping your swing!" Those guys means well.

7. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

Trap is kinda like Lay's potatoe chips,one just won't get it!Welcome to the great game of TRAP.Have fun with the game and your children.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

BlueRaven...WHAT TOOK SO LONG !!!

Welcome...Enjoy and Good Luck

Smok'n Joe

9. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

35/50 You're ready to make a video. Welcome to a lifelong sport.

Ed Yanchok

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Always happy to welcome a new shooter aboard. I didn't get serious about the sport until I was in my 40's.
    Better late than never. Enjoy

Rich in Indiana

11. RAScott

RAScott Member

blueraven81,soon your friends will be like, pssssssst, hey buddy? wanna go break a few?
    Good luck and welcome to the asylum.

Bob S

12. RV4driver

RV4driver TS Member

Oh, God, he's lost. So sad. He could have had a life.

Now he's just another "lost trap soul".

Wecome! Sucker!

Shot my first 75 straight Sunday, there is "officially" no hope for me now.

Run, save yourself! But hey, shoot a few more rounds first.

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.