1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot making

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Came across this out there in www. land

2. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Someone had a lot of time on there hands. I'm going to give it a try but mine won't be even 1/4 elaborat as the one pictured. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

I am very impressed with the shot making system in the pictures. The set up may not be economically practical but it sure looks like a lot of fun.

Pat Ireland

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

i plan on shot making my self. would love to find a used shot maker.

5. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

This wonderful device personifies the term "Orgas-ma-tron". LOL.

Buz

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

So far I have all needed items for ignot making. Good supply of lead. Wheel weights recycled shot and indoor range scrap. I have about 300lbs made up of ignots. Plan on first of the year for shot maker

7. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I currently have two shot makers and roughly 5 tons of lead in my shed. It's alot of work, but it keeps me shooting. At the present time scrap yards in my area are selling raw lead at 50, 60, and 73 cents a pound. My coolant tank takes 36.5 gallons of dot3 brake fluid. Then put the cost of simple green in for washing the shot, drying, sifting, graphiting, and weighing. And when I go to sell it, I always have one person there to debate me on price. This one guy wants to sit there and argue with me and I simple tell him that he is intitled to his opinion. It cracks me up, I told him, yes it is high at $25/bag, but I won't give it away. And this is my opinion. When I can take it to a gun club, put it on the back of my truck with a for sale sign and I sell out in less then an hour and 15 minutes. And that's with 40 bags, sold to 23 different guys and 11 more asked when will I be back. So that tells me 34 people to 1 think different than you. Trust me I am not making a fortune, when I am paying those prices for lead, keeping in to account the cost of brake fluid, simple green, electric, lp gas, and my time. Again its alot of work.

8. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

What are you guys charging for your Shot -- trying to get an idea what to ask -- been selling it for $20 a bag -- but with the total time from start to finish to make it -- not much per hour -- Thanks

9. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Doggai, Thanks for the encouragement, If I see you on the range I'll be sure to give you a bag of my finest. Lehigh Valley, Pa.