1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOT MAKERS ????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by techman556, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techman556

techman556 Member

What do i need to try to get a true 9# can not seem to get anything smaller then 8.5

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Experience has shown me that the length of time the smaller shot sizes stay on the lip (ramp) of the shotmaker, the less round the pellet is at the end. By tipping the shotmaker up at the rear a bit more, I was able to speed up the pellet a bit on its way to the coolantand it seemed to help. Most of them looked like little footballs prior to that.

JK

3. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I have been making shot for a while ... the softer the lead the bigger the shot ... the size of the drip determines the size of the shot ... I've talked with Jim Stewart about this subject ... and I have come to the conclusion that if you can make good round 8 1/2's ... u're doing good ... along with that try raising the back as the other Thread indicated ... can't hurt trying it

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've also found that the softer the lead the larger the shot. Using all kinds of miscellaneous lead, my #8 drippers will produce about 60% #8's, 5% 8.5 or smaller, and the rest 7.5's or larger. Still round with a very small divot. Not the same with the old wheel weights. 90% came out #8's.

5. plinker611

plinker611 Member

up in the back of the shotmaker,and lower your lead in the ladel,and strait wheelweights,no soft lead.....,from wive learned from jim stewart(thanks jim),and if you get 8.5's that look good,,,,,be happy,mark

6. Twister7795

Twister7795 TS Member

Anyone near northwest ohio wanna do a wheel weight for shot trade?