Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shot makers...It is time consuming!

3K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  maclellan1911 
#1 ·
Just made 400#s of finished product and packaged in one night. For you guys that think this is easy work it is not. It is very time consuming and takes effort from two people to keep up (or more if yah can con em into it). This was a night of just running the shot and did not include melting to ingots. This ingot process is a whole other time consuming process.

FYI, the upgrade for the shot maker from 1250 burners to 1500 was a 10 minute job and it cured our cool burner problems. It actually made it too hot if you dont keep ahead of the game. Time to upgrade to double drippers I guess now..:)

#28 ·
Why I would sell it at this price?

I enjoy doing it and it will help pay for my own shot. But to sell it a guy has got to save some money over the store bought or he wouldnt do it, and around here you can walk into Scheels and buy it for 38.99 a bag. I think instead of pricing shot so much a bag cheaper than store is not right since the market is so volitile but if you go with a fixed % less it can float up and down with the market price. Keep in mind your market may be different than ours. I think your 35.00 a bag compared to the cost of shot in your area may very well work out to the same % of discount?? I could probably get a little more but am not a greedy person and I am currently only having to pay for less than 10% of the ww I get.

#29 ·
Its all about what your time is worth, I have everything I need to make shot except the actual shot maker. Right now I pay nothing for about 150 to 200lbs of WWs a month. I buy some from .20 to .50 Which im sitting on. Now I came across a lead for shot exchange deal. I havent bought the maker yet. A few reasons no time and limitted space. Actually Im better off getting a part time job to off set my shooting cost. I started melting into ignots, but for the free WWs I just send them in for the current exchange deal. cost me 9.00 per 60lbs. There is a new larger flate rate box, I believe the weight limit is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.