1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot maker lube

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ricks1, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I run across something you guys with a shot maker may want to try. I do some cast bullets and lead tends to stick to molds like it does on the shot makers /drippers . I tried some Kroil on the molds[ says it will unstick anything] It works the stuck lead will release on metal and aluminum. I had my shotmaker {Jims} down and cleaned up for the summer. I soaked it with the Kroil and blotted the wet off and fired it up . After it got to temp and the smoking [not much] stopped I added the lead. guess what NO slow drippers. When i run out 50lbs I tipped the maker back , when it cooled the layer of tin that is always onthe drippers flaked off. It does not replace the chalk or moly on the lip- but I know from the molds they dont rust and work great. I know you have heard not to get any oil on molds but that is BS that the old farts say . This works i soaked all my molds and blott dry start casting rick

2. JWS

JWS Member

For those customers with my Permacoat Coating on the lip please DO NOT remove the coating. Thanks, James Stewart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what lubricant used in a shotmaker