1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot International Trap at Keystone Shooting Park

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

We were invited to a morning of International Trap shooting at Keystone Shooting Park, which is situated in the hill country between Harrisburg and Elysburg, just east of the river, near the town of Pillow, PA. It was my first exposure to "bunker" trap and was an awesome and eye opening experience. Our host, Allen Chubb, owner and designer of the modern, spotless, facility, gave us a grand tour and thorough explanation of how the 15 trap machines are set up and the game is shot. Like trap, there are 5 positions; but after that, any comparison to our brand of trap, excepting shotguns, ends. (70MPH targets anyone!) All is controlled electronically, without a hitch, which explains why Keystone is the premiere Olympic Training facility in the country. I encourage all who are within visiting distance to set up a date with Allen and make the effort to visit & shoot this wonderful shooting sports complex. I've posted the website for your convenience.

all the best....mike

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Mike

You are right on about this facility. It's above first rate.

Where are you from? There are other bunker facilities throught the country.

Tom

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Bunker sure is fun isn't it:)

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Tom, we live south of Gettysburg, and Keystone was 100 miles from here. Although it was my first brush with Olympic Trap; what an amazing facility to get my feet wet, and be hosted by Allen was icing on the cake. Um, did I mention it was raining ....no worries because it's covered.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

We have a covered bunker in Ginesville Florida as well. It's great especially during the summer months.

T

6. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Dear Mike,

Thank you for the kind words. It surely was a pleasure to have you and Tom out at KSP on Saturday. You were also lucky enough to see a couple of our up and coming stars. Unfortunately you just missed my 10 year old student that never shot a shotgun until 6 months ago and is now consistently shooting 15's to 18' even in competition. This kid is a real pistol and he's going to be a force to reckon with if I can keep him away from cars and girls in 5 years. LOL!!!!! This has been the down fall of many great athletes.

Please come back and join us as we really enjoyed your company.

Best Regards,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

7. Slugo

Slugo Member

I had the pleasure of shooting there last summer. What a terrific venue. I've been shooting at Martz Sporting Clays (same grounds) for years. I liked using the credit card machine, then off you go!! Damn, those are fast targets...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.