1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot in my shooting eye

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I've got badly blurred vision in my shooting eye so bad I can't pickup my target. After extensive testing I got a shot of Avastion in my right eye it didn't hurt when he did it but when the novacain wore off wow!!!!!!!!!!. Has anybody any experience with this the Doc would promise nothing only that it would get worse if I didn't have it done. He said about 60% of people have their vision improve from this.??????

warren

2. Norsky

Norsky Member

Warren,
    What was/is causing the bluring? I have bad floaters in both eyes but am not aware of any fixes for it.
    Ray

3. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

Did you have it chek for cataraque .....was my probleme at 55 Iam now 61 and
    yesterday soot 24

Pierre
    Quebec

4. warren

warren Member

They dialated both my eyes and took photographs, my left eye is ok but my right eye has the viens swollen and partially plugged up which causes my retna to swell, distorting my vision, he said it's usually caused by high blood pressure but mine is normal so the cause is unknown. It's much worse than floaters and not associated with them no cateracts though.

warren

5. warren

warren Member

The last time I shot I noticed that my left eye was trying to take over and it was very confusing trying to line up the target, which in my opinion is a partial explaination why my scores have been going down the last couple of years. I'm considering trying to switch to left handed shooting I'm also interseted if anybody has any experience in doing that.

warren

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Warren, I was forced to change from right to left handed after replacement shoulder surgery, Since my right eye was my master eye I covered the right lense and discovered the problems a one-eye shooter faces. First problem, foot position, second hold points, had to hold at roof line instead of high gun as before for stations 1 thru 4 and lower off sides of house for station 5. Can't move near as well to left targets from 1 & 2 as I feel I should. Still think that is a positioning problem. It's coming slowly, very slowly. I've moved from class aa to class c since restarting shooting again and fighting to stay above "D". If you must change, expect problems. I suggest a good coach and a lot of practice and it'll work out. Patience & percerverience as I have been told. Good luck!

Big Jack

7. johnpe

johnpe Member

If the problem is bad floaters, a good retina man can cut them out. I've had this done to both eyes. It is virtually painless and works extremely well. They have a little needle-like attachment that has a window in the side. When it opens, the floater and some vitreous is sucked in. When it closes, the piece of floater is cut off. The vitreous is filtered and recycled. When I had mine done, the little window was opened closed something like 200+ times per minute.

Johhpe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.