1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot - Hardwood floors - Mother

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I will bet some of you can relate to this and it's still funny in our house. I started loading when I was about 15 years old. A LONG TIME AGO! We had a small house with hardwood floors. I loaded in by bedroom. Never being less than a clumsy child, I managed to spill a whole bag of shot. I did the best I could to clean them up, vacuum cleaners were usless and some were never retrieved.
    For twenty years after that my mom would be sweeping and you would hear a shot go from one room to the next bouncing and rattleing across those hardwood floors. She will laugh about it now, wasn't funny worth a d#$% then, but I don't think she has ever completely forgiven me!

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Jim: remember your mom swept with a straw broom! My wife uses one of those swifter things. Same outcome!!! Don

3. shadow

shadow Active Member

Entire bag of 25lbs of #9s'. Bottom busted out of it. Yeah, I remember.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Cleaned behind the deep freeze yesterday, same thing, shot everywhere.

5. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Sounds like my situation. Mom found shot and always joked about it. Both parents are now deceased but I'll bet there is still some shot on the floor if the house is still standing. Michael

6. laura!

laura! Member

We reload in the basement and have never (knock on wood) spilled a bag, but we still find shot in every room in the house. Maybe that is why we keep going out to the range, shoot after shoot, beating ourselves up when we shoot bad. It's not for that occassional great score that keeps us coming back; we're all too stupid now from lead poisoning to do anything else!

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

It happened to my brother-in-law back in the 60s.........Funny as all get out......lol lol

Hauxfan!

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

This is the primary reason that most of us are restricted to loading out in the 'man cave' which is generally as far from the house as possible. I lost a tube of 100 small pistol primers to the carpeted area in our house one day and there were mini explosions for months afterward whenever the vac sweeper picked one up just right. This did not contribute to marital bliss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.