1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot for wheelweights in SE MI - New Thread

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoldEx, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I am looking for a maximum of 2000# of wheelweights or similar quality alloy to make shot from this fall. I prefer to take no less than 100 pounds from any one person. I would also prefer to have it done before November as once deer hunting season and the rut really starts, my shot making time goes bye bye. If you have a reasonable quantity of wheelweights, scrap bullets, known alloy, etc. and want to get together and have some shot made, please let me know. Same split as before. 50/50 if you give me weights (50% of the lead left after smelting once slag and clip are removed) and 60/40 if you give me clean lead ready to make shot out of. Normal loss is 12-14 pounds of clips and slag per 100 pounds of weights. References on shot quality available on request. I can work something out as far as delivery on a large quantity if you drop off the lead to me. Contact me at berettacombo@yahoo.com or send me a PM.

Jeff Klueger
    ATA # 99-10137

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Always stop at Millers for a burger and a beer whenever I'm there Larry. I don't actually get down there very often though. Do you shoot any of the registered shoots out this way? Birmingham, Durand, Linden etc.?? We could set something if you do.

Jeff

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

neil -

PM sent.

Jeff

4. dzeh

dzeh Member

Just curious about the future of home shotmaking. I've read that by 2010 several states will be banning the use of lead wheel weights. I assume others will follow. Think that'll have any impact? What are they going to make them out of?

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Wheelweight alloy seems to work best. Other lead can be used. Should not affect the process at all.

Jeff

6. Nutnbutsmoke

Nutnbutsmoke Member

I have ingots of already cleaned lead from melted wheel weights for sale, if you just want to buy some lead give me a call, just North of Columbus Ohio.
    614-325-1455 Zak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.