1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot for wheel weights in Nebraska?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by psfive, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psfive

psfive Member

Is there anyone who trades wheel weights for shot in Nebraska? I have wheel weights. I need shot! PM or email me. Thank You. Paul

2. psfive

psfive Member

To the top for one more pass. Paul

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

What is the standard share break (agreement) between the shot-maker and the person supplying the lead for making shot?

Example: I have 100 lbs of lead. How much shot will I receive from the 100 lbs and how much shot will the shot-maker keep for his services? Is there a standard of the sharing, like 50% - 50% or 60%- 40%. Tom

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

18-20% of wheel weights are junk, clips, dirt, etc. After processing you would end up with 80 lbs. If you process it into ingots you should get 60% of the shot. If the maker processes it, you get 50% back as shot or 40 lbs.

5. TjayE

TjayE Member

320090T, Thanks for the info. I do know there will be dirt, slag, in the smelting process. I understand there will not be 100 pounds of shot made from 100 pounds of lead. I just wanted to know what is a fair deal between the shot-maker and the person supplying the lead. Thanks again. Tom

PS: 320090T do you make shot?

6. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Give me a call...Im in Beatrice and make alot of shot. I have a couple thousand pounds of ingots right now with NO shot ready to trade so it will be a while before I run some. It is a hobby and generally like to run it when its cooler out. 402-416-1555

timlind_2000@yahoo.com

7. shootgood

shootgood Member

I wish you luck. I dropped off over 300lbs of wheel weights to a guy here in Ohio who advertised on this forum and have never even received a return phone call or e-mail. I would get some kind of written agreement. It is a shame that people can't be trusted now days, but the same guy who stuck me has ripped off many people from this site. Take care--Shoot good

8. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

I've bought shot from Himark (Tim) without problems; will recommend him to anyone. Will buy again from him when I need to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.