1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot for only $24.99 per bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rennerize, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have a limited supply of Remington magnum shot for sale. 10 or more bags for $24.99 per bag, less than 10 bags are $25.99. This sale is while current supply lasts.
    Don

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

45 miles south of Columbus Ohio.
    Don

3. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

It's pretty bad when $24.99 a bag qualifies for "only."

Ed

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Ed I agree, but in my area it is a good price for shot.
    Don

6. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

It will cost more when I have to re-stock.
    Don

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

8. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have had lots of request to ship shot. I do not think that is feasible.
    Don

9. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I guess shot in my area selling for $23.99 bag is a good price. Hmmm!

I haven't checked a Geiser's lately since I've been working in Lititz, but the last time I looked is was $23.99.

Also what I've seen at Shyda's wasn't priced to bad considering the other prices around the country.

Ed,

I was thinking about going to E-town this Thursday depending on the weather. I never been there yet. I have directions and just wanted to know if it's hard to find.

Dale,

10. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

OK, so am I too high or not?????
    Don

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

You're not too high if someone lives close by. Like I said in my email, USPS charges $8.10 for their flat rate box that you can get 2 bags into. The boxes are free from the Post Office. That pushes the delivered price to $29/bag, not at all bad considering the quality of Remington shot. I'd take 10 bags if you want to go to the trouble of shipping it.

12. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

claybrdr, I never considered shipping but if that shipping rate is true I can ship it for you.
    Don

13. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Well guys, if you were smart you would be making your own shot as 100's of others are doing. It takes a little time and effort but I haven't heard from anybody thats making shot complaining about the price or where they could get the next "good price" or "good deal" on shot. If you have fun or enjoy reloading then you could also have fun or enjoy making your own shot. I have heard several people, who make their own shot, say they are earning about $35.00 an hour making their own. If you are interested call Jim Stewart at 256-587-0107 and talk to him about his Better Shotmaker or go to his web page at http://www.geocities.com/jstewart1934/My_page.html
    Ellen

14. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Don, What Sunday's are you guys shooting. Still shooting 75 birds? I'd like to get back down there.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

15. AveragEd

Dale, I was just there yesterday for Conewago's first annual Bud Garman Memorial Shoot. Bob Welcomer asked me to handle the Lewis calculations for the payout and a shootoff for high gun if needed. As it turned out, we did have a tie - two shooters finished the 100 singles and 100 handicap with 188s on a windy but otherwise beautiful day.

I assume your directions have you turning left from PA 230 at the square in Elizabethtown. Follow that street to a "Y" and bear right onto Turnpike Road. The gun club's entrance lane will be less than two miles ahead on the right. There is an orange and green sign on the LEFT side of the road right across from it and it will appear that you are entering a driveway for one of the homes along that road. Fear not - just follow the lane back to the clubhouse. Ask for Bob Welcomer and tell him I sent you.

While there, you'll likely see a lot of familiar faces from Elysburg. Conewago throws good targets and that attracts good shooters. Back in the day, it was a favorite practice facility of Frank Little and 1992 ATA president Gene Anastasio.

Ed

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Geez Ellen ... another advertisement?

17. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

We are scheduled to shoot 1st and 3rd Sunday Calcutta, But we have not been shooting due to a lack of Calcutta shooters.
    Don

18. AveragEd

I hate to say this, but the prices will only stop rising when we stop paying them. Think about the law of supply and demand for a minute...

Ed

19. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Lumper:
    I think that AveragEd has the right answer but I didn't want to stop shooting just because I stopped buying shot at these ridiculous prices. So maybe the answer is to make your own shot. I just happen to like my Better Shotmaker and I get great customer service too if I need it.
    If you like paying out your "a.." then go ahead and buy all you want to.
    Sorry fellas if I got a little "potty mouth" here.
    Ellen

20. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

I think Scheels has shot for that price. Not sure what the brand is though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.