1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot for Lead

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by thomaslea1, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

I will have approximately 2,000 pounds of lead muffins when the melting is done in about 2 weeks. 75% to 80% are from wheel weights with almost all of the zinc weights removed (I'm sure we missed a few). The other 20% - 25% is soft lead from roof flashings. Would like to swap it for poured shot. Preferrably #8 or #9, but 7 1/2 would do (we're skeet shooters). We're located about 125 miles south of Chicago and can trailer it to meet up with someone. I have no interest in piecing it out in USPS boxes.

tom

tom dot lea17 at gmail dot com

2. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

3. plinker611

plinker611 Member

sent you a pm,i am interested in your lead,i work on a 60/40 split(60 to you),been in the shotmaking bus,for 5 years,and do have referances,im located in south bend in,and could turn your shot(1200 lbs) in 3-4 weeks,mark

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Thats the same split I have,but I am in South Western New York. Too far to transport that much. Plus getting toooooooo cold here to make shot(atleast when I have time).

Good luck to both as lead seem to be getting harder for me to find,raw or shot.

Jerry Lewis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.