1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot for clean ingots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by beak111, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beak111

beak111 TS Member

Ok guys lets try this to see how it works. I have 400 extra pounds of shot sitting around that I will trade on a split of 50/50 with you paying the shipping both ways or 70/30 with you just paying the shipping to me( that is 70 for me and 30 for you). Which means if you send 140 pounds of ingots and a check for $12.95(which is what the flat rate usps shipping price is) I will send you 70 pounds of shot or how ever it breaks down just know each 70 lbs or less you are to receive will cost 12.95 if you chose this route. Now my shot is great and really close but it is not perfect, but it crushes targets from front to back and is a whole lot cheaper than $50 a bag. I make #8 shot only and as I said I have 400 pounds now so if you are interested let me know by private message. Once this batch is gone we will see how it goes maybe we will do this again. I will contact interested parties on a first come first serve basis and will post when the shot is gone. Thanks

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well now......I just got off the phone with my scrap guy, they pay 83 cents a pound.

So you want 116.20 worth of lead And I will also pay 37.95 in shipping. That comes to a total of $155.05.

If I take my lead to the scrap guy and collect the 116.20, Then I go to my component dealer and get 3 bags for 40.00/bag and it costs me 3.80 more.

Plus I don't get the joy of packing and shipping 140 lbs of lead.

Decisions, decisions.

HM

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Thanks Half. You beat me to it.

JK

4. beak111

beak111 TS Member

No half I don't want your lead but my scrap guy only pays 50 cents a pound for ingots and 25 cents a pound for wheel weights so thats why I threw this out there. I don't care if anybody takes me up on it, I have a steady supply of wheel wieghts and other lead and can shoot the shot as easy a trade it out.

5. dverna

dverna Active Member

beak111,
    Why not use your steady supply of lead and sell shot without all this we send you WW and we "split" the stuff and pay shipping. That does not seem to make a lot sense and is way to much work for lazy trap shooters.

I would be interested in getting 70 pounds to try your shot as I have never used home make stuff. Price including shipping would be welcomed if you are interested in a straight cash deal.

Sporting clay shooters are not as lazy (they walk a lot to shoot 100 birds) so your offer may be of more interest to them. HM makes a valid point; although not very delicately.

You are lucky to be able to get lead easily. Take advantage of your opportunity.

Don

6. mncowboy

mncowboy TS Member

where are you located ?

thanks,
    monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.