1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOT FALL DISTANCE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by break25, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. break25

break25 TS Member

At what distance does the shot fall within the 300yard arc recommended by RANGE INFO at your CLUB? I think their illustration shows the 300 yards from the Trap House, so please state the distance from the 16 yard line.

The Range Info also states,how far 7 1/2 209 yards and 8s 198 yards wil fall. Is this where you mine your lrad?

No where can I find at what maximum height the shot reaches before it starts it's arc downward.

I hope to receive a lot of vailid answers from different shooters.

THANKS

CHAZZ

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Distance from the 16 yard line for 7 1/2s is 193 yards, for 8s it is 182 yards. This distance varies due to weather conditions, mainly headwinds and tailwinds.

The maximum height depends on the launch angle of the payload. HMB

3. break25

break25 TS Member

Thanks hmb. from Remington Trapshooting fundamentals.

Shot at a height of 5 ft and between 5 nd 7 degrees from 16 yards and at the maximum legal target rise of 17' 4" at 31 yards from the trap house or 47 yards from the 16 yard.

I will be back on TS later today, Thanks.

CHAZZ

4. break25

break25 TS Member

5. break25

break25 TS Member

NEED MORE ANSWERS PLEASE

6. break25

break25 TS Member

7. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Although this was<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> done with a slug the results should be simular I can take this out to 300 yds. if you tell me what distance that you want to be Dead on at.

8. welderman

welderman TS Member

Lots of people have studied "the extreme range" of shot. Burrard gives 2 formulae. The Hardcastle equation yields 215 yards for 7 1/2 shot and the Jones formula gives 212 yards for 7 1/2 shot. NRA and other organizations tack on safety factors for wind, air conditions, other shot sizes, etc. Tom S. (welderman)

9. break25

break25 TS Member

Gentlemen, My concern is that our range is in a built up area. If you are a long time poster on this site, you have probably read here or in Shotgun Sports that Clubs are looking into putting up Shot Screens for protection as welll as capturing the lead. Some clubs who are using some type of screen, report that the Shot is hitting the screens at about 32 ft +/- high on 40 ft poles either at 96 yrds from the 16 yd line or 80 yards from the trap house. The clubs that have installed the screens have been very helpful to us, but we are still on a fact finding mission before committing large sums of money.
    I thought that some responders would know approximately where the shot was landing at there clubs. I have most of the formulas, but the shooters know the real scoop. I agree that all the formulas take in consideration , safety factors, wind and angles of shot. But the proof is where the shot hits the ground.

Thanks

CHAZZ

10. break25

break25 TS Member

MrkSLC,

I suggest that you post a NEW thread. NEED INFO ON SHOT SCREENS and put your questions in the thread. The primary purposes are all those you stated.
    The figures I have been given are stagering and they are 5 years old. As far as being cost effective, it will be a l o n g time if you are shooting to make back the cost. But as you asked, does it suit your primary purpose. To be able to continue shooting or not?

Chazz

11. break25

break25 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
average shot fall distance

shot fall distance