1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot drippers hole size?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoldEx, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Really small. A lot has to do with the level of your lead. The size of the hole is affected by the amount of head pressure behind the dripper. The more lead (deeper) is behind the dripper, the faster the lead will come out. Just giving you a dimension will not work for all applications. My suggestion, buy a set. You have already saved the bulk of your money by building the rest yourself. The drippers are a real PITA to make. This is a photo of a 7 1/2 dripper. The hole is only like 20 thousandths or so. That is a 3/8" diameter bolt by the way.

Jeff

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Unless you have some experience with micro drills and the tooling to use them, Your in for a lot of frustration. A #75 or 76 drill should get you in the ball park. Like Ajax I've made some, But I buy them whenever possible.

Jim

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

what does the hole look like that leads to .002 hole? That hole is real close to the end of the bolt.

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Jerry, it's just a hole about 3/16" drilled through the bolt to just below the head as you surmised. It does not look to be a flat bottom hole.

Jeff

5. powder-em

powder-em Member

When drilling holes of this size, if you are not a machinest you are in for a long ride on the learning curve. I took it and when it was over I had learned alot. First hardley anyone has a chuck to hold bits this small. You need a zero chuck. Investment # 1. Second a finger driller for the milling machine is almost a must. Investment # 2. Knowone has bits that small so you have to go to someone like McMaster Carr, great service but don't buy just one bit, think in groups of ten @ four bucks each. Investment # 3. Now were ready to get started. Buy the bolts, cut off to length, center drill, use a mill end with flat bottom to finish the hole, and drill your interesecting hole being very careful not to break the bits. Without dbout some will break, oops try again. I guess if you are not interested in this kind of fun the short answer is buy them.. It is much cheaper than all that goes into making your own. If you can find what you want. Good luck and keep us posted. All good. Dave

6. Eubanks

Eubanks TS Member

It takes a # 72 drill bit to make size 8 drippers.

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Contact Jim Stewart, manufacturer of the Better Shotmaker. I don't know if the price has changed any since I bought mine, but you could buy a full set of 6 drippers (got 7 both times), in any size from, #9 down to #6 and the cost will be like $35 delivered to your door. You can't make them for that. Just buy 'em!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
hole diameter in leadshot drippers
hole diameters for leadshot drippers

hole size on shot dripper

lead shot dripper hole diameter
shot dripper bolt

shot dripper hole size

shot dripper hole sizes
wha size hole to make shot