1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot cup depth of wad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GBatch_25, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I have several bags of wads, both 1 1/8 oz. wads and 1 oz wads. When I compare them side by side (no measurements), they appear to be the same overall height and have the same depth of the shot cup. Any one care to comment ?

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Seen it many times - most one-ounce wads only differ from 1-1/8 wads in the height of the cushion section; the shot cups are identical.

Ed

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I guess it may depend upon the manufacturer. I sure would want different SHOT CUPS, if I were reloding the two different volumes of shot.

Here's the (L-R) geninue Winchester 1 oz and 1 1/8 oz wads.

[​IMG]

WW

4. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

Who was the manufacturer of the wads? What style (Winchester, Remington, Federal, other) were they?

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Many have the same depth shot cup. Some are Remington's FIG-8 (1-1/8) and TGT-12 (1-ounce), Downrange Jammer XL-1 (1-ounce) and WJ-12-RPL (1-1/8) and others. Claybuster's CB-1100 Lightning, a 7/8 and 1-ounce wad, has the same shot cup depth as their 1-1/8th wads.

Ed

6. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Ok, Thx guys.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You can't compare wad height by just setting them on a table or something. They can have different depth of over-powder cups too. You need to set them on same height pillars side by side, like some empty .45 ACP cases or something like that so you have the BASE of the wad, not necessarily the bottoms of the over-powder cups, all at the same height.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shot over wad cup

shot wad chart

shot wad depth chart