1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot coverage

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tammike, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tammike

tammike Member

4 Lbs of #8 covers about 400 sgft of concrete when spilled in my garage. LMFAO after getting mad at myself. Sure is hell to get old.

2. 5 Stand Dan

5 Stand Dan Active Member

What choke?

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I can confirm that a full 25lbs of #8's will put a nice skim coat on your whole loading room floor. It will also burn up a house hold vacuum cleaner trying to clean it up.

P.S. Don't tell my wife that is what burned up the sweeper. :)

4. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

LOL --I though a 1 oz load made quite a mess. I cant imagine a whole sack.

5. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

OK here we go again with some math..

Just remember that as I write this I am in a state of LMFAO!!!

Since there are approximately 410 #8 shot per ounce, and there are 16 ounces in a pound, there are about 6560 #8 shot per pound.

If you multiply 6560 times 4 pounds--that's 26240 #8 shot that you spilled.

Now if you take the square root of 26240 that equals 161.98---so for the sake of ease let's call that 162.

So if we calculate the size of #8 shot --.09" multiplied by 162 we get 14.58"
    then 14.58"*14.58"=212.576square inches

If you were to scrape all that pesky shot into a square it would fit into an area of exactly 1.476 Square Feet.

So what exactly is the problem??

tammike, just be glad it wasn't 25 pounds. I remember spilling a cool whip bowlful in my basement about 5 years ago---I'm still cleaning it up.

LMFAO

Chuck

6. revbook

revbook Member

How many reloaders have tipped their shot bottle back without having the cap on? OK.....how many have done it more than once? Let me start the ball rolling by saying that I have! I'm thinking of taking the shop vac to the smelter and casing in.

Don in PA

7. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I'm part of the drop back crew. only did it once and lost about 1/3 of a bottle. I have a floating slab so most of it fell behind the slab. Does make you feel special.

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Not that I'm admitting to anything like this--- but, WHY doesn't somebody invent a magnet for lead shot, (they would sell a million of them overnight) and it sure would save my knees. GRIN---no I'm not BLONDE just a 71 y.o. retired carpenter with a bad back and sore knees. Ross Puls

9. psfive

psfive Member

At least on concrete you can clean it up. My loading room floor is carpet. I get a little more each time the vacuum runs. Most of it is never to be seen again. Paul in GINebraska.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I keep an ample floor covering of shot where I store my flats. That enables me to slide flats out readily.

11. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

MIA--I like your reasoning I'll have to try that. Which works best 71\2 or 8????? chuckle chuckle Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.