1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot bunker trap at nashville gun club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Taxidermy, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taxidermy

Taxidermy Active Member

Shot bunker trap for the first time this weekend at nashville gun club, It was one of the best games I have shot, see how you can get hooked. First round was the best at 22 and second round a 20, a lot of fun at $8 per round. Did not do as good in sporting clay shoot, Gamaiel Fall Classic. A verry well run shoot and club, thanks verry much, Ronnie

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

We put a lot of time into the Bunker, servicing machines, and such. Glad you shot it so well.

Some of the Sporting shooters did very well. We had a former Olympic team shooter in today, second one who has shot with us.

I met several great folks today, got to shoot several Blaser and Perazzi Sporters, did not miss a target. Makes me want to spend entirely too much money for one or the other.

I was surprised at how well the Blaser handled.

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Good shooting for your first rounds of bunker. It is a much more physically demanding event. I usually shoot my best score up front and then taper off as I get tired. Enjoy one of the most challenging games!

4. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

I love seeing people having fun at bunker - as an expat in Germany. Great scores and you see quite a few good Bunker shooters shooting Blaser F3s.

I had no choice but to learn as there is only 1 club in Germany that shoots ATA and it is far away from me.

It is a more demanding sport when shooting several rounds back to back and then keeping consistent is as always, a function of concentration (an a little conditioning and skill).

Keep it up!

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Those are darn good scores for your first attempts. I'm disappointed to see it costs $8.00 per round. Please note..I'm not arguing the cost...it is what it is. Just disappointed.

6. Shooting Coach

Our friends at Tenn Wildlife Federation, who run our State's SCTP, and who own the machines in our joint venture, get a piddling one dollar per round to amortize the enormous expense of the machines, computer, and related stuff.

The Club built the Bunker with a lot of contributed money, installed the system, and maintains it.

All in all, Nashville Gun Club offers a very good deal to have such a huge shooting venue in the middle of a large Metropolitan area.

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

I recently did a price study. Bunkers around the country charge from a low of $3.75 to a high of $10. The average is around $7-8. So Nashville is in line with the rest of the country. Most people don't understand the cost structure of Gun Clubs especially a bunker. First you have 15 machines to buy and maintain plus targets cost $1-2 more per box.

Tom

8. Shooting Coach

Don't forget paying someone with the knowledge and experience of keeping 15 Promatics in perfect working order. LOL

This young one has done well at the last two Selection Matches, and has been invited to the Springs this fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best gun for bunker trap