1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shot bags ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Roc'n C, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

PM sent

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is Yvonne and she would be delighted to get them free

3. FlyerTom

FlyerTom Member

My Mother made me a shooting vest from those canvas shot bags back in the '70s.

At the time, I purchased All American and Murdock brand shot, and these companies had some very colorful logos applied to the bags.

It definitely was a conversation piece, what with all the logos lined up (my Mom was a real pro).

I didn't bother to wash the bags before I took them apart, and the lead streaks were still evident on the inside of the material. These streaks transferred themselves to whatever shirt I happened to be wearing at the time, so I washed the vest. Big mistake. It's now a Barbie/Ken-sized shooting vest, or should I say G.I. Joe?

That vest is still draped over the back of my reloading bench chair as a monument to my Mother's craftsmanship, and my laundry stupidity.

By the way, it took 8 bags to make a vest, and shot was $6.50 a bag back then.