1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot Bag Collectors?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Anyone on here collect shot bags? I'd been thinking of starting, and actually I suppose I just did with a couple bids on flea-bay. What are the best places to buy shot bags? Pricing? Rare ones? I've collected shotshells for years, and have some cool ones, but they are kind of cumbersome to display, at least with shot bags I figure I can get some and frame them as I build the collection.

2. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I know a lady who collects old rags. She claims some are very rare. Jake

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Go to goodwill and get yourself one of those old necktie holders.

HM

4. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

If you look at the thread purchase shot you will find an old rare shot bag that may be for sale. Charlie

5. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Skeet Man......Email me! People have been SO nice here, sending me empty shot bags to use for my craft projects. (The craft products have paid ALOT of my bills!) I have used the "common" bags for my hull bags, etc, but have saved most of the unusual ones. I too will have a collection on my reloader room wall of all the shot bags I've received. If you are serious and want to start a collection, I'll send you one of each you need to make a collage. What goes around......comes around. The generosity on this site, for me, has been amazing.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have almost every shot bag sice I started reloading. Most are not very interesting but some are. Gun Brokers sometimes has some. There a couple of sellers on the bay that have been there and ocassionally have an odd one. I have one someplace that I think is Remington and has the Three Little Dutch Boys on it exactlylike the Paint Cans. I don't know the connection. Remington-Du Pont perhaps? Dave

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Thank you for your email Jon.....I look forward to receiving them! I'll start sewing this month and be ready to take orders soon!

8. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

yvonne- email sent. Thanks for the offer.

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Rick, What you have was from the dutch boy paint co. which was owned by The National Lead Co. That was their trade mark, I don't know if there still in business.

George

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Rick, You might have the last one out there. Make a plaster cast mold and cast more. I'll bet there worth alot more then you think!

George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.