1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot at Spartanburg Gun Club

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JES, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JES

JES Member

Moved from San Diego, Ca to my new home in Spartanburg, finally made it to the club. Picked up the gun for the first time in a month, can't wait to get back and shoot again!!! Jan Slough

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

OK Jan,

When you go again look up my buddy Ron Burdick. Ron is a transplant from New York State a couple of years ago and is quite active around that club...Real nice guy !!! Another super fellow around there is Glenn Wedding.. You guys have a nice facility up there, and it's getting better all the time...

I am based out of the Mid-Carolina Gun Club, down outside of Orangeburg. Another NY State transplant last year...Let me know if you ever want to come down here, and you can be our guest...It's key card gated, so we would have to meet you if it's not on an ATA shoot day.

Welcome to South Carolina !!! (and the heat...LOL)

Dave in SC

3. JES

JES Member

I looked up the schedules and North Carolina state shoot was going on and I ran to check that out what a nice place and funny I did lookup Ron and his wife met briefly he had just finished shooting and I introduced myself and told them we would see each other around. It was warm!! I shot some practice rounds. I just love it here heat and all!!! Jan Slough

4. shotgunpeople

Hey again Jan,

Glad you got to meet Ron and his wife Mary Ann. They are major supporters of trap shooting no matter where they go.

I hope to run into you from time to time and again, welcome to South Carolina and the HEAT !!!

Dave in SC

5. shark1

shark1 Member

All new shooters at Spartanburg get a free steak at the OUTBACK! Tell Harry Gable That I said put it on his tab. LOL Great place to shoot. Mike Sharkey, DC

6. bas

bas Member

Jan - you will love SC and all of the folks in the Southern Zone...some of the state shoots have already happened, but you still have TN, KY, VA. Most of the travel distances are not too great. I hope you will be very happy there - it may be a bit warm in the summer...but nothing that you probably aren't uesd to from shooting in some of the CA locales that get a bit toasty. Neil Alexander and Jim Faber are great guys! Do introduce yourself to them also.

7. JES

JES Member

I love Outback I will remind Harry of that LOL!!

8. shotgunpeople

Jan,

If you really want to get on the good side of Harry, ask him if he would tell you where the "POP" machine is...Down here they call it "SODA" and man, I had poor Harry all messed up a few years ago when I asked him where the POP machine was....Now we have a standing joke over it...LOL

Dave in SC

9. JES

JES Member

Just looked up the greenville club, not to far away, I really need to shoot more doubles I will make it out maybe shoot a couple hundred. Marathons are killers, Redlands threw great doubles in San Bernidino, CA. Still could not hit them LOL oh well just want to go shoot!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.