1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot Airport yesterday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Airport features great targets and wonderful hosts. Frank and Chris do everything they can to make a visit to Airport Gun Club in Lancaster, OH a positive experience. The airplane hangers in the background with their contrasting painted man doors, provide spots to "hang" the doubles targets.

Frank throws those hated bio-degradable targets which simply vanished when centered, and I couldn't have been more pleased with them and the way they were thrown. We shot doubles, first, then singles, followed by caps. I shot a 91, 96 & a 95, not bad for an old coot. Thanks again to Frank & Chris and their excellent scorers and trap gang. Good job all around. BTW I shot my caps with a man named William who shot the most magnificent trap gun I've ever seen, a wonderful Ithaca 6E, and shot it very well. He invited me to hold and look it over.... makes you weak in the knees to hold such a gun. It was a pleasure to shoot with you, Bill.

Look up Airport's website and pay them a visit, it's worth the effort.

best....mike

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Good to hear about a another well run club.

3. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Shot there many years ago when Paul Butterbaugh ran it. Sounds like it's still run just as well. I made the 27 there too.

Mike Adcock

4. wm rike

wm rike Member

Mike

It's really a Grade 5.5, maybe a 6. The receiver is Grade 5, but it has a factory Grade 7 trigger, trigger guard, and barrel. You decide. And thank you for the compliment.

Bill

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Good shootin' ya old coot!

Whats with Ohio,and airports adjacent,and,or in front of trapfields?? Seem to be alot of them.........in Ohio.
    Hope to see you,and your beautiful wife soon.

Best Regards,

D.P.Reynolds

6. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Most of the registered targets I have shot were shot at Airport, starting early 70's.

Lots of old timers gone now, a bit depressing, but still a nice club.

I still remember Paul's refrigerator full of your favorite Beer.(After shooting).

He had a sign that read ...A Beer is worth a 100,000 targets.... Good memories.

Regards....Gerald

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

here is a link

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Must love dogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.