1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32" today, impressed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I shot a friends Caesar Guerini Summit today at 5 stand. I'm impressed. Very fine gun. Caesar Guerini now has moved up on my want list and I have Beretta S04's. Very fast and nice looking, and I smoked them. The Apex looks like a beautiful gun.

Any opinions?

Bob

2. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Bob, I own 2,a Maxum sporting and a Summit Trap, love them both. The sporting balances and swings beautifully even with 34" barrels, I am a novice sporting clay's shooter but the gun is starting to make me look good.

The trap gun I just got last week,looks to have a lot of potential. Shot an ATA shoot Sunday and shot a 92 basically right out of the box. Once I get used to the gun I expect to come close to 100. One thing I love about it is that it is a very soft shooter.

At the local club there are now several Guerini's, everyone loves them. If you do get one I recommend using anti-sieze on the choke tube threads, there have been some problems with tubes sticking, I have always kept mine lubed and cleaned and have never had a problem.

John

johnr_2008_300814.jpg

johnr_2008_300815.jpg

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Shoot the CG again and I think you will be buying one very soon.
    I shot one and now I have 3 CG's.

4. claykiller

claykiller Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Bob:

The last time I was looking I shot a DT-10, K80, Blaser F3, Kolar and a CG Summit. All were trap versions, all are great guns. The CG was the last I tried, after which I bought one. Like a car, sometimes when you test drive a certain make and model you know immediately it's right for you. Similar to a Remington 870 or 1100, you will never be disappointed your own one. Transitioning to the CG did not hurt my scores at all, it's just a proper gun.

5. claykiller

claykiller Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Bob:

The last time I was looking I shot a DT-10, K80, Blaser F3, Kolar and a CG Summit. All were trap versions, all are great guns. The CG was the last I tried, after which I bought one. Like a car, sometimes when you test drive a certain make and model you know immediately it's right for you. Similar to a Remington 870 or 1100, you will never be disappointed your own one. Transitioning to the CG did not hurt my scores at all, it's just a proper gun.

6. claykiller

claykiller Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Bob:

7. citadel

citadel Active Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

I agree with the above posts. I bought a Magnus trap set last week from a seller here on TS. It is a beautiful soft shooting gun that swings like a dream. It was very easy to set up. The adjustable ribs allow a fine tuning of the POI on the unsingle and the double. I have had the same choke tube sticking problem but it only will require a little extra care on my part in the future.
    Doug

8. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Doug, here is a link to the product I use on all my guns,not just the Guerini's. Never have a problem with sticking or corrosion. Other than the sticking I really like the Guerini chokes,they pattern very well.

John

9. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

To keep Caesar Guerini chokes from sticking or becoming oxidized from powder and pressure make sure you lube the entire choke tube not just the threads.

Because the threads are at the top of the tube (muzzle end) pressure can develop between the tube shoulder and the barrel.

Lubing the entire tube allows the lube to close up this space and hydraulically prevent this build up and thus prevent sticking.

Michael Stephenson

AA-26.5-AA

Caesar Guerini Magnus since 2/29/2008

10. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

I looked at one a guy had at the range the other day but I did'nt notice what model it was. he would'nt tell me about how much he paid for it, So what is their price range?

11. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

The factory recoil reducer in the stock does a great job. CG service is excellent if needed. There release triggers are as good as you can get.Once again all the features of the higher end guns.

12. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Is the POI of the lower barrel adjustable with hangers?...SMOKIT

13. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

DaveS Why would you want to set release trigger before gun is closed?

14. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

Dave... I hope your asking this to make sure you CAN'T set the release trigger before the gun is closed.

15. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Shot a Caesar Guerini 32

I just had a release installed in my CG Summit unsingle (by CG).The trigger cannot be set until you close the gun, hope this helps ML.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.