1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot a blaser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Had a chance to shoot a Blaser at the Pa. state shoot. Very soft shooting gun. (Way above norm.) Weight system is outstanding. Release trigger was crisp with no creep. There firing pins are rifle type design. No hammers and very quick. Very well thought out design. Gun had nice amount of offset on comb but not enough for me. Pat Mcarthy is now doing release for Blaser with short turn around. I also understand that his release triggers are adjustable.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Martin and I were talking to Greg Hissem at the KS state shoot. He said he was impressed with the gun, too. I have only seen pictures, but it looks beautiful. I would like to see one.

Not HAVE one, just see it (Martin, don't get nervous). :)

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

No I have not tried one, but I hope the factory has alot of capital behind it. Only way its going to make it in this economy. Its bad not only here in U.S. but worldwide from what I understand. A few gun companies have already gone under. I wonder how many more will go before it is over??? They picked a bad time to start out!!! Even Browning is haveing a bad time of it. Break-em all. Jeff

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Blaser is a strong company and well established. Not only do they build great shotguns they also build excellent rifles. I own two of them.

5. Landshark

Landshark Member

A friend of mine has an engraved model that had the oil finish come off the stock afet a few months of shooting sporting clays. This is a newer model with a low round count. When he asked about this, he was told that because Blaser uses a true "oil" (no pun intended)finish, this is to be expected. I call BS on that one. I'm not Blaser bashing, but his new gun has been in San Antonio getting refinished for about a month. This would piss me off big time.

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Devi,

You and Martin can come to the Montana State shoot in Great Falls....shoot some of the best targets in the west..with some of the nicest people in the west and try out the Blaser at the same time. It just so happens that Mr. Derek Stringer is going to be at the shoot and I think he would be happy to let you try the newest greatest.

Hope you take me up on it.....Rick in Mt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.