1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shot a Beretta UGB Trap today...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bluedsteel, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

At the SC State Shoot I had the pleasure of shooting the new Beretta UGB today. I was very impressed. I fired five shots and smoked five clays (of course, that's not the same as smoking 100 clays...or even 25 clays...but still). The UGB handled very well for me (I am a lefty), and I had no trouble loading the chamber after breaking the gun. The bottom-forward ejection did not affect my forearm or hand.

Recoil was not unlike my 1100, seemed to even be less, and the cycle time for the one double pair I fired was very fast.

The gun felt livelier than my Browning XT, which may not be saying all that much.

The reasons I didn't plunk money down right there on the spot were:

1) I don't reload, but it seems like it might be a pain to always have to pick up empties after each round (some clubs around here require that).

2) I just got into trapshooting about 6 months ago, and have had my XT for only five months.

Anyway, I would be interested in other's opinion of this gun,and how it ranks in their mind to similarly priced guns ($3200-3500). I am particularly interested in hearing from those who have fired one of these. I know there have been previous posts on the UGB...I was just wondering what the latest thoughts were...

Thanks.

bluedsteel

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

I've got about 3000 rounds thru mine and like it very much. I have shot skeet and sporting with it and it functions quite well. I've only cleaned the barrel so far. The gun stays amazingly clean because it is not gas operated. Seems like $3200 or so will buy one of these guns. I am also a lefty and I find the gun better suited to me then right handers do when they look over or try the gun. Every one I've let shoot the gun has shot it very well! like this gun!!

3. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

Heard that a Trap shooter from Depoe Bay, OR, who had problems with his new Beretta UGB at a shoot in Albany a couple of months ago, asked the dealer, Mitchell's at Salem Clay Target Sports (http://www.mitchellsclaytargetsports.com/proshop.html) , to send it back to Beretta for repair. Apparently the gun came back in worse condition than when it went out.

4. rrose

rrose TS Member

Blued
    Try a Cynergy, I also have an XT that I like a lot but I recently looked at a Cynergy and I could not believe how much better it felt. It is much different and I think I may have to rethink my shooting plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.