1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shorten stock

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by th445, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th445

th445 TS Member

I want to remove 1/4 in. from my BT99 stock. But I see the tighting screw for the adjustable comb coming out into the recoil pad. Before I take everything apart is this going to cause a problem?

Tom

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

There have been post about this fix????

3. vvosen

vvosen TS Member

It will not cause any problems. I did it on a Citori I used to own.

You need to shorten up the "screw" that cinches up the comb mechanism.

If you totally remove the screw you are referring to you will find that it is a threaded rod with a hex head threaded onto the end you have access to. You can cut 1/4 inch from the threaded end which is opposite the end with the hex head on it, and extend the thread 1/4" further up the rod with the appropriate die.

Sorry, I can't remember the thread size on the rod, it is a common thread though., Interestingly, the part that threads into the comb mechanism is a different one than the thread that the hex head is threaded onto, which is a very uncommon thread, so make sure you shorten from the end that threads into the comb mechanism.

Vic Vosen

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Easier to just cut the "Allen" head end off and change it to a slotted head. Very simple fix. I've done many this way.

Ed Yanchok

5. th445

th445 TS Member

Thanks for the reply sounds like its no big deal . I guess we'll for it. Thanks again.

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

What Ed said!! It's a 5 minute job with a cutoff wheel in your Dremel tool.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Un-screw the comb adjusting long screw, cut your stock, I used my sons Ryobi laser 12" inch Miter saw with new blade, put masking tape where you are going to cut, and tape the checkering, cut at length and desired angle, I cut 1/4 inch off my stock and did not need to change the adjusting screw, it was still recessed quite a bit, did not interfere on recoil.

I just did it 2 days ago.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

Why not just get a thinner recoil pad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.