1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shortage of ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Butterfingers, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

Janet Napolitano has bought all the ammo in the world. It is time for the government to check out the mental health of someone that buys enough ammo that would supply an army for several years. As a fact she will not answer what she
    she intends to use ammo for, it might mean that she is going to use it for some crazy purpose.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Shut up and get in the boxcar.

HM

3. redfin

redfin TS Member

i was in a walmart in ri last week,the only ammo they had was some steel and turkey loads.nothing else. joseph

4. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

"shut up and get into the boxcar"
    That one made coffee come out my nose!!
    Next Obama will want us gun owners to get into the showers.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Go to Graft's, they have no powder or primers of any brand or type. Unbeliveable...

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My local Wal Mart this weekend. Sitting pretty on shotgun shells. Truck load of AA's supposed to be there today.

$74/flat Was told there was more in back.

grntitan_2009_250353.jpg

grntitan_2009_250354.jpg

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Shortages everywhere, the people who are buying know what the leadership of this country could do.

I won't succomb to gougers, but will add to my stores like I usually do this time of year.

(aco, glad you liked it)

HM

8. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Grntitan is right.

Went to Sparta,IL Walmart yesterday.

They have plenty of shotgun shells.

I posted a new thread about this.

9. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Remember last year when everyone was convinced that Remington was getting out of the ammo and reloading supply business....amusing:)

10. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

I did notice a couple of online retailers appear to have received powder and primers yesterday.

11. smp005

smp005 Member

"Shut up and get in the boxcar."

Yep - spewed coffee all over my screen when I read that one myself!!!

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

What would you expect from a WalMart store located in the Clay Target shooting Capitol of the World ..? If WalMart don't have it you probably don't need it, Thanks for your support ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

grntitan,

I take it those 30 flats are yours on the hand truck ..?

13. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

There are more shotgun shells in that IL. walmart than the two close to me have had in 6 months.

14. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Four months ago I was ordering pistol bullets from a well-known mfg. Free shipping on orders over 50 dollars and 4-7 day delivery date. About 2 mo. ago I placed an order. Free shipping on anything over 75 dollars and 4-7 weeks delivery date. I tried to place an order today. Forget it;they won't even accept backorders.

I stopped in at a Cabela's store 13 miles from me a little while ago. They had one box of 200gr. 41mag bullets. Already have enough of those.

Steve

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

WPT,

I'll plead the 5th on that.....

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Target load shotshells are more difficult to come by here in Northern NV but you can still find some in the retail stores and we have gotten a couple of large volume buys in through a wholesaler. Prices are fair.

Centerfire rifle ammo is reduced in supply but again you can find most stuff at fair prices. Not really seeing the retailers jacking up their prices on this stuff.

The centerfire pistol rounds are hit and miss, generally in short supply. But the two retail stores that I go into are getting shipments fairly regularly its just that they sell out very quickly. Prices are fairly high when you do see the ammo on the shelf.

.22LR just doesn't exist. I have been able to find decent amounts of .22 short but it isn't cheap. Right now I am paying $10 per 100 pack of CCI HV short ammo.

But in an effort to conserve the .22 LR that I have, I am buying up the .22 short ammo and using it for my frequent plinking sessions. Actually I'm having alot of fun with the .22 short rounds and getting alot of trigger time in with my favorite old M39 Marlin and a vintage Single Six. Plinking hasn't changed much in the last 50 years :)

17. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

200 flats wouldn't last much more than 1 day at a store in eastern PA. Sparta Walmart is probably stocked up for the entire season!!

18. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Bass pro in Clarksville, IN. has a good supply of shotgun shells.

19. Bigcat

Bigcat Active Member

Nothing in the walmarts or dicks near me,haven't even seen a box of top guns in over a month.
    john

20. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Acaademy Sports in NC have plenty of Federal Top Guns...6.39/bx....1oz estate dove loads at 4.99/bx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.