1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Short LOP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I like shooting my wifes gun in low mount sporting clays shooting, iy just seems to mount fast and swing quick 13 3/4 lop. It's to short for trap though. LOP thats to short, 1st your thumb will end up in your nose. 2 you will feel tension or discomfort in you trigger arm at the elbow. I bought every thickness of recoil pad I could find. try them out. no need to fit them unless its good.

2. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

What I was told by a top fitter is a short LOP is required, with a high rib & high roll over comb. If your head is in an upright position with a proper mount then a shorter LOP is required to have an upright gun mount---Phil

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Phil has the right approach. LOP is affected by the height of the gun mount, the stance used and the length of a shooter's neck. The goal remains to shoot with an upright head and neck and enough separation between the nose and thumb to prevent the two making contact during recoil.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.