1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shores of Tripoli

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by g7777777, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Odd huh- and before you there were other marines over the many centuries- history seems to repeat itself.

How we can expect to predict the "new regime" is beyond me. This really was a civil war and to set the stage for us to get involved in civil wars around the world seems like we have lost our mind.

So much for the fear that the oil flow will shut down.

I have been a supporter of Irag and the Afghan conflicts but somehow I just dont see this and particurally from an administration that has no clear cut objective in mind or communicated to the American people.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Gene:

You've just seen an example of the Obama Doctorine which can be summarized as follows:

Run your mouth, dither on decisions, announce your intentions to the enemy, carry a stick but use it to minimal effect.

In this situation O'bumble screwed around about 30 days while G-daffy pounded the bejeezus out of the opposition. In the process G-daffy killed thousands of rebels and routed the rest out of much of the territory they had captured.

That makes the ouster of G-daffy by the rebel opposition considerably more difficult and less likely than it would have been had meaningful action had been taken sooner. I'm NOT suggesting we should have TAKEN action earlier but under Obummer's strategic boondoggle, we'll likely end up with the WORST of all possible results. How utterly predictable.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.