1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shoots to the left ? need help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mixer, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Strange that you get the same result with two different guns. Try shooting at about 13-15 yards from a pattern sheet with the guns on a bench rest with the beads aligned on a center mark and see if you get the same results.

If possible have someone else shoot your guns also from the rest and see if the results are the same. Should give you some insight as to whether it's you or the guns causing your problem.

Eric

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

SLOW DOWN Harry!! LOL, You sound like you're in panic mode. First, back up and shoot it from a bench to make sure it's not you. I did the same as you several years ago and in a panic bought a barrel bender that I didn't need. You need to bench rest shoot it for a start. I would do a search on here because Neil Winston, and others, have posted a wealth of information on this topic. I bought a portable shooting stand from Cabela's that works well. Don't panic, take your time and be methodical in your approach. It can be fun and you'll be surprised at what you learn. Good luck, Bob

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I too suggest shooting it from a benchrest to test. The fact that 2 different guns both shoot 5 inches to the left from 30 yards suggests that it's prob'ly NOT the guns? You're prob'ly pulling your shots to the left.

John C. Saubak

4. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

could it be, maybe your canting your guns ??

5. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

I also have a 90-T that shot to the left. The comb of the stock is rather thick so I had to have the buttstock shimmed at the receiver to get the point of impact back to the right. There is about 1/4 inch cast-off in my stock and the adjustable comb is about 1/8 inch to the right in addition to the cast-off. However, with the stock and comb set up like that, the beads are lined up. I also took 1/4 inch from the length of pull. With the longer stock I was canting to the left.

I also have an 1100 that has a standard field stock rather than a trap stock. It shoots fine without any adjustment. The comb on the field stock might be thinner that the trap version of the 1100- I don't know. The length of pull with the field stock is 14 inches which is shorter than the original lenght of pull on the 90-T.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.